That reminds me of an old story I've told before: when I bought AC-DCs Back In Black on tape, the entire album was wound on the spools upside...
Thanks for the info Mister X (are you an Ultravox fan by any chance?). I had seen that website & they're quite insistent on charging me $5 for the...
...I always said the shop-bought "musicassettes" were poorer quality than the likes of TDK & unfortunately for my Sony CFD-5, I've been proved...
Interesting web page, thanks for sharing.
Hi Brian, I joined Mar 2005 & still wander in every now & then... :)
With the increase of new releases on cassette, I've wondered what their quality is like? Back in the 80s, even only considering legit shop-bought...
So you like a Sony, then? :)
Very nice Cris. I know you always liked a bonkers mono & that Tosh is pretty much ideal... :)
I wonder what the difference is between this & my WM-EX506? They appear identical. After mentioning it here:...
Twelve years ago, I bought two of this exact model for the kids. Brand new, they were £1.99 each with free shipping. IMHO, a fiver each might...
Ooh, lovely - almost art deco styling & side shooters too :) Aiwa & Sony knocked out boomers like this too (in the 60s/70s, I think), packing in...
Mine has a shoulder strap fitted, but there's no indication that it's an original...
My youngest son has a JVC RV-DP200 in his room now. There are few Bluetooth speakers at any price that can compete with it's prodigious output :)
My eldest daughter is off to University soon, & didn't want to take the JVC PC-V2 that has been her bedroom system for ages - it's too big & she...
Having pulled my TRK6701 out for a play, my youngest daughter took a shine to it (she's grown out of the surprisingly good Hello Kitty egg that Ed...
My scans from the 1984 Philips Portables catalogue sure do get around the internet :) (it's the pic with the blue background at the above web...
I had a 3D7 from new in the 80s (for the money, it was hard to beat for volume & bass wallop, being one of the earliest 'extra bass' boomers) & I...
3D80 - that's a good garage box :)
I've got this one in black too. I went through a time when I was keen on minis loaded with toys. I got it from an s2g-er near Brighton/Worthing....
Looks like this Bush is one or two up the range from the 7070 that my brother used to own in the 80s. It was the loudness switch & detachable...
Separate names with a comma.