Hi Valentin. Yes, I would do that if only I knew where the wires went. I may have mentioned in another post that I am uncertain where those...
Hi Valentin, thank you for the info. I really should have known better when I bought this unit, it had some moderate corrosion in the battery...
Well Folks, when do you throw in the towel? Thus far, I've replaced all the electrolytic capacitors, cleaned and lubed the mechanism, new belt and...
I just bought the manual. As luck would have it, the board layout on my WM-5 is not what is printed in the manual. Ugh.
Looks like the violet wires are for the servo function based on info from the WM-2 SM. In that case, perhaps, this is where it's supposed to go?...
Hello Everyone. Another Walkman on the bench currently, this time it's a WM-5. Opened it up carefully and found one wire detached already....
Thanks, Valentin, appreciate the insight. Cheers! Norm
Sure, Alex, I bought from https://ebay.io/m/DXPppR Speaking of Marian, I received my order for the head block lifter and a few other parts today....
Yep, following proper protocols, lol. “And once again “you’ve got to get two to make one work…”
Hi Alex! No original W&F specs were published for the WM-2 by Sony or at least made public. I believe the general consensus from the community...
I just bought a second gen 1 off eBay earlier today. Hopefully someone hasn’t butchered it.
Very nice results. Even in reverse at o.1% w&f, I doubt you would hear any ill-effects even on sustained piano or guitar notes. I would call this...
Yes, I do have the service manual.
Here is a ref image I took when I was restoring this unit. Not quite the same angle, but the shield in your image is not there. Cheers.
I get around 0.3% WRMS. The unit was non-functioning when I got it so I don't know what the W&F was beforehand. I know the 0.3% sounds bad at...
Thanks, euroflash, I will need to open the WM-2 back up to see if it could be a possibility. On my version, there are two grounding wires that...
Yes, I recently restored one and aside from one minor issue, the WM-2's are quite remarkable. I record my own bias adjusted cassettes from vinyl...
I know this is an old post, but what we don't know is the history of this Walkman. It is plausible that someone may have repaired/restored this...
Just a casual observation, I do not see the film washer that goes between the center gear hub and driving gear assembly in your image. Just want...
I also looked at that exploded diagram and could not find it. Dimensions in the image below.
Separate names with a comma.