I really do hope they get it right, or at least much better, this time around with their CP15. Not necessarily because I will get one... but it's...
Belts that lasted from 1989 to 2025 = 36 years. That is usually not the case but seems true based on the other e-bay ad descriptions. I am curious...
How you obtained the working and functional GE 3-5477 would be an interesting story in itself :wink2 Just a random e-bay lucky draw? Buy a lotto...
Great overview of an old 90's MP3 player... makes me shudder though. 128 only and no ability to just drag and drop any old MP3 file....
Cool story. I was heavy into PC's back in the late 90's up to 2006 and was looking on e-bay around 06' to buy a Panasonic Toughbook. Never did though.
To remove that belt from the capstan flywheel you need to get that metal bracket off the top right? It appears to be held with 2 screws... that...
Interesting. Surprising to see the quality level is higher this time around. It's honestly too early to say if I would ever buy such a...
These Panadonic "Cobras" are one of the few great sounding boxes that are worth working on though. I'd guess for something like 99% of boxes ever...
If you didn't change any belts or remove the capstans for cleaning then it is less likely or improbable the cam got out of alignment. It happened...
Sounds like you have to flip the cam that rotates the tape head. When changing the belts one has to observe the directionality of this cam and...
Work on cleaning the battery compartment. How bad is it? Put up a picture here and people will advise what methods are best to try.
One can only assume... that this behavior is due to the lack of a cassette - causing the sensor to indicate no cassette - and it behaves this way...
I don't remember exactly, even looking at my own pictures :biggrin: But I know I left them in place because I found it was not necessary to...
Make sure to never use an AC adapter to power a D6C from the wall socket! That is a sure recipe to fry the CX20084 chip. So many D6C have been...
Well if anyone else has links to YouTube channels fixing old retro boomboxes etc.,then I wanna see em' :thumbsup:
I tend to think... it may be a waste of talent... to work on such low end boomboxes... the sort that have fake tweeters. Like that Interfunk 1881...
It still seems slow going though. Some months ago I tried to get to an actual list of the walkmans for sale... trying to find the site... then...
I watched it last night. What I like is the complete lack of voice over commentary and no stupid music. (Just a small 20 second music during the...
He has 13 restoration videos and most have big view counts. Downloaded that one for later viewing :thumbsup: Thanks Mr.X As many of the viewer...
Definitely cool just for that city-scape image.
Separate names with a comma.