Thanks, that is a great option. Really useful information. What is your preferred way to remove the caps? Solder iron, heat gun or cutting them...
Thanks @Valentin. As I understand it the 3000 is just a golden version version of 707 but I could be wrong. Looked little into finding caps and...
Yes, I think this was a great deal. A very solid unit except the plastic battery pack. I have ordered a new internal battery for it. I will leave...
During vacation I found this in a thrift store, the owner just got it in and hadn't checked it out yet so it was a gamble. Got it for 60 EUR. I...
On an related note, how do you think regarding transporting cassette tapes? These days there are magnets everywhere, on my iPad, iPad keyboard...
Interesting so it actually might be that late production. I assume the mechanical parts are identical to the rest of the DD series so only the...
If I recall correctly the DC2 was introduced 1984, do anyone know how long it was in production? The reason for asking is that I just renovated...
Interesting discussion! I have moved to almost exclusively listen to cassette. In the beginning I thought it was down to nostalgia that made me...
Not heard that about hearing loss but that sounds like amusing explanation. :wink2 I think it’s the added distortion from over mastering/brickwall...
I wouldn’t say the original recording is messed up, more mastered to be as loud as possible. It sounds ok listening to the digital original but...
I have made a collection of tapes for close to 400 of my favourite albums from the 80s and early 90s with excellent result on Type II and some...
Thanks, I will check it out.
I’m thinking of buying new cases for my close to 400 tapes but hesitating a little regarding quality of those cases. Do anyone here have any...
Thanks, found it, I never go through the main page, that's why I missed it. I have made a donation now.
I’m sure I am missing something obvious but how do I donate?
I have the same experience with HS-PC203 & HS-PC202MkIII, I don’t know why these numbers are stated in the manual, it obviously sounding better...
Just a note, I got another FH-11 that I also fixed. In this the autoreverse worked fine for a while but then the cogwheel for the head cracked in...
:loldiag:
Yes, calibrated units are a must and preferable a 3 headed deck with manual/auto calibration for correct level and bias for the tape used....
Naturally the problem came back but I was able to pinpoint the problem to after the volume pot but before the headphone amp as I still got...
Separate names with a comma.