Thanks! That’s a lot more info than I had before. I’ll start a deep dive of Grand Prix boomboxes from that era. Thanks for the help!
Purchased the one with the clear door. I hope the CP-15 has this option. The fully exposed cassette lends a mechanical aesthetic that I love. [ATTACH]
I just purchased a CP-13 and I love it. As a vintage boombox guy, I do get tired of chasing broken, gooey belts, scratchy pots and other issues....
Hoping you guys can help out with this one! I had this radio as a 14 year old kid and I would love to find it again. I searched through old family...
Thanks for the great info and tips. I did the week long free trial of newspapers.com and it was incredible. Endless volumes of ads on BBX’s and...
Just asked CHAT GPT about the state of the economy in late 1981. Looks like it was the worst recession since the Great Depression. I never knew...
Wow! I don’t know how you find this stuff lol. SUPER INTERESTING. I love the business end of the consumer radio industry.
To my knowledge there were only 3 models that were part of the Silver Signature Collection: 3-5280 3-5285 3-5286 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
As a kid, I also didn’t know about high-end boomboxes. We lived in a blue collar rural area and had to drive to get to “real” stores. We rarely...
I agree with the rant. I am a huge Lost in Space fan. Back in the mid 80’s I started collecting things from the show. I had to scour sci-fi...
Fantastic full page ad of GE radios! WOW!
Agree…not a lot of info on their Silver Signature Collection. I’ve never heard the term BPC but I LOVE it! Perfectly describes the garbage audio...
[ATTACH] The 3-5285 Silver Signature models states “Dramatic Silver Signature Styling”.
Wow! That’s some real BBX archeology there!
This is the GE 3-5252C. It was not part of the Silver Signature Collection. The “C” was a cost-down version of the 3-5252A / 3-5252B. I have...
Boy do I get it. I LOVE my RX-5010 and RX-5050 but the terrible FM reception is a huge disappointment. I’m convinced that, when new, they probably...
I did a BT line-in on the RX-5050 and it sounds perfect. There’s def something going on w the radio portion. Going to take everyone’s suggestions...
Thanks Michael! I’ll add those to my troubleshooting steps!
Thanks Hyperscope! I’ll pursue all those when I open them up. Will post back!
Is there something wrong with my Panasonic boomboxes or did they just not have great FM reception? I have a RX-5010 and an RX-5050 and they have...
Separate names with a comma.