Hi mate. I unsoldered the ribbons to gain access to the rear side of the board where the electrolytic's are. I un-soldered the new electrolytic I...
Hi Valentin. I unsoldered the ribbons to gain access to the rear of the board and I noticed the white wire which bridges the AA 1.5V battery...
Yes you were right. Well done. I used pull down resistor on D CTL to GND at the flex ribon that goes to DDC board and confirm it works fine. 3.5V...
Hi mate. Sorry for the delay in response - we had fathers day and had some work commitments. I've tried some more testing and now I am even more...
I didnt notice any trace or via damage so Im a bit confused as to what is going on. I think the dc-dc step up converter your talking about is...
Hi Valentin. My capacitors arrived today so I replaced them. I soldered in the new ones. I put everything back together as it was before. I can...
I unsoldered one of the 220uF caps and there was some small leakage and fish oil odor. The component test couldnt identify it and the multi meter...
Thank you for your reply Valentin. With the tape playing and the unit covers all screwed back in, I tried pressing hard on the front main body of...
Hi everybody. Im working on a R707. It is a nice compact recordable Sony cassette player. I have replaced the rubber belt on the unit and I have...
After playing around this for a hour and a half I gave the centre pull a good clean underneath as there was some rubber residue and also...
In that last clearance document I attached I've noticed there is precision shims/spacers 137, 138, 122, 121. I guess its almost possible these...
On your one was it the supply or take up reel frame that was bent? The author of this repair video says he doesn't recommend replacing the take up...
Hi mate. I spent alot of time today replacing the take-up reel outer teeth. Along the way I encountered several problems including broken wire at...
Very good advice. I must admit I forgot to take photos of pcb and wires. fingers crossed now have come off already
Ahh yeah theres a small gap. Thanks I can see a small gap in gear (visible on the second picture)
I can't seem to see to find any way to inspect gear from tape side. Are you seeing something in not? I might have to remove PCB
Thanks I'll try inspect the reel gear. It is quite a nightmare to get to. It does look like you can buy this part at least on ebay
Hi guys. Im currently working on a new walkman. I have my WM-F65 on the workbench partially disassembled and completed the following: - removed...
My appologizes if Im wrong I only did very light research on this on google and read the google overview. See below. From your and Black Fingers...
Thanks Valentin. Your knowledge on walkmans is very impressive. Regarding the WD 40 Specialist Contact Cleaner leaving residue that is weird as...
Separate names with a comma.