Yes, a calibration tape with the test tones, recorded on a high-quality and accurate deck, is ideal. You can usually find these on eBay unless you...
Did you play a 3/3.15khz tone? It won't show measurements unless you play one of those test tones and set the app to the matching tone.
Hi all, I made a thread some weeks ago about interest in a W&F meter for Android. Thank you to everyone who helped with joining the closed...
Vega was recorded on WM-D6C, Intoxicated on Nakamichi RX-202.
Another one, Digital: [MEDIA] Tape (TDK MA-XG btw) [MEDIA]
PS, if anyone likes this, I can do side by side comparisons like this for songs on requuest. Let me know <3
So I did a little experiment of an old favourite song of mine. Here's the original wahtever I could find on YT: [MEDIA] Here's the tape version...
So I am trying to get this up on the store now, but there is a new Google Play policy that requires a closed test phase with a minimum of 12 users...
Not sure if this would be of interest to anyone or even useful, but I sometimes needed this so I made it for myself. It uses the same algorithms...
The best one I found for a walkman is the HVMLAK AIR99 -...
Also just going to leave this pic here, if anyone with a keener eye/knowledge of this board can spot something obvious that I might be missing. [IMG]
Currently the motor doesn't run at all in any mode. Pin 5 is now 0.025 V (sometimes 0.05 V) regardless of whether in play, ff, rew. In stop mode...
@Deb64 I came across some info you posted in this thread https://www.tapeheads.net/threads/wm-d6c-motor-problem.86161/ noting that pin 7 should...
Some more observations that might be useful... the voltages measured on the IC601 pins vary if I use the star point on the board vs using the...
Thanks for the follow up @Deb64. The motor running in stop mode and the random slow movement was a result of the contact cleaner. No idea why....
Pin 9 on IC601 measures 5.22 V while in play mode. I wonder if the unit is somehow permanently stuck in auto-stop mode?
Out of circuit it actually measures 10.9 uF
I tried to measure all the capacitors from C601-C613 but some didn't get a reading. I was able to get the ones below: C606: 485.1 uF - rated 10...
Sorry, found the right pins. This also measures around 9.8 kOhm and apparently, 480 uF (though I do not know how accurate this multimeter's...
Separate names with a comma.