Have also measured the others: C610: doesn't seem to register as anything. I.e. no measurement but also no continuity (I used the 2 points on the...
@Deb64 thanks for your reply. When I first got the walkman in March, I had used an original Sony 6V adapter that came with the walkman, it was...
@Valentin Here's the readings I got using the star point/negative battery terminal as black probe with the battery inserted and walkman in play...
Thank you, as I posted above I am not 100% sure the correct way to be measuring these. - Is it correct that I put red probe on the designated...
Ok so I desoldered the motor wires and fed it 1.5 V and I can hear it move, so the motor itself is definitely alive.
No not as yet I don't want to fully take it apart without doing some diagnostics first. I'm also not sure how much voltage to feed it.
Can someone also please confirm the correct way to read pin voltages for IC601? Is it a case of putting the device in play mode then putting the...
[ATTACH] I have also probed these two points from the DC-DC converter expecting around 11 V, but it appears to just be the same as the battery...
[ATTACH] I probed these two points with voltmeter and got 0 V, same with probing red + earth tab on the opposite side of the board. Not sure if...
Hi guys I've been using my WM-D6C without issues since around March/April this year. I last used it a week ago and it was absolutely fine. Today...
I simply took off the lid and tried to poke out just the roller (not the whole assembly). The washer is only to remove the assembly itself, but...
How do you go about removing the pinch roller on these? I've done repairs on a number of these smaller walkmans, and I know you have to pop the...
Thanks, 10 hours a week is pretty light though compared to 10 hours a day lol
WM-150 :)
Oh I definitely do, pretty much using it as my primary music source all day while I work, hence the question. I spent a lot of time and effort in...
Is there anything wrong with playing a walkman for up to 10 hours a day, every day? As long as the motor is kept lubricated every so often? Not...
Sure, here it is: [ATTACH]
Yeah 100%... the only explanation I have is that someone changed the sticker or something but doesn't make sense or look like it was ever removed....
I got a weird one, my D6C has the regular non-pointy 35711 head and the old through-hole PCB, but the serial number is 651xxx..... :areyousure:
Can you take a video of the mechanism playing and then stopping itself? You can get it to play by pushing the black plunger switch on the flip...
Separate names with a comma.