Would be interested in a WM-150 if you have!
Before adjusting the capstan/bearing, I was getting 3080 Hz fwd and 3200 Hz rev on a 3150 Hz signal. Now it's 3100 Hz fwd and 3125 Hz rev. Small...
So I decided to remove the FWD capstan entirely and swap the bearing, added a touch of lube there as well. I think that has made some improvement,...
Just the one clutch so wouldn't be that. I'm just wondering though if there was gear wear, would that actually impact playback speed? Since the...
The motor doesn't change direction, it always rotates the same way. I did some oiling and further cleaning of the entire transports. Oiled the...
I oliled all the gear shafts, rewinded/fwd a few times, but no change :( Tried across multiple tapes. FWD is still slower than REV. On a...
Thanks for the suggestions. It's definitely not the tape because it's happening on all tapes. I didn't oil things yet, so I'll take a look at the...
I do still have one small issue with the unit though - the FWD direction plays a bit slower than the REV. Any advice/ideas on this would be...
Sure, this one here: [ATTACH]
So I've always wanted one of these just because of how pretty they are, despite reading about the issues plaguing the clutch gear in these models....
Hi all, signed up here as grew up with tape/walkmans in the 90s and recently got back into the hobby - especially repair/restorations of old units.
Separate names with a comma.