@Kiwinut Your 990 AIWA is a superb deck, that stands in line with the best. Some may argue that it is on par with the Dragon in the way it sounds....
I am also indifferent to Sanyo as a brand, but the M-X960K boombox model is the exception. There is something very slick and timeless about it in...
@Bobbie Dixon Technics RS-B 905 is one of the 3-head decks with full off tape monitoring and NOT moving capstan motor. Most likely Technics...
This is how the mech looks like under PSB.i removed clutch gear for repairs but it opens up the view of the internal mechanics. I hope this helps...
Yes, this part is responsible forward/reverse play . When you press play it should be tilting either side. I just finished working on mine...
Just a quick update, a bit delayed. I had to reorder the clutch gear as it arrived cracked. The eBay seller had integrity and took care of me with...
Yes, the same set. eBay is eBay everywhere
+1 for @dom69 HPR tapes are excellent value, single-track recordings.
@walkmandude Congratulations on figuring out the issue, and thanks for the update!
@Valentin All the features you specified are certainly very important and desireable. Perhaps, for me, the minimum Frequency range requirement for...
"It is a bit ironic that you can buy a new portable record deck which is at least as good as the original but not a Cassette Portable." @Longman...
@radiorich Very nice! I love seeing those classic gems brought back to life.
[IMG] I have been a long-time SONY fan, and respect their innovation and quality ( I am referring to the 70s, 80s, and early 90s products)....
A quick update: I installed the belt from DeckTech and it is a perfect fit! The slack is gone, and the tape speed has stabilized, mostly. There's...
@radiorich Thank you, Richard. I already got the clutch gear, and possibly have a lead on a NOS flywheel. With some good luck, I will have all...
@Valentin , "Yes, yes, and yes" on every comment you've made. I prefer to follow the Lissajous Curve to achieve a straight line (In Phase),...
@Valentin I completely agree with you about the differences between Azimuth misalignment and instability issues. Also, you have 1000 times more...
You are welcome! Since you are into this stuff, you will never regret having all the right tools for the job. This is the set I've got and I...
I mentioned HH and HT because they do affect azimuth. However, if you are certain nobody tinkered with the factory head setting, I would not mess...
Head tilt and head height can also affect this significantly. Do you adjust it by ear or use an oscilloscope and an azimuth 10 kHz tape?...
Separate names with a comma.