Follow up question, did the D3 come with headphones? The seller had a slew of headphones and said I could pick one pair. All were cheap newer...
Hi everyone, possibly the least technical question I will ever ask in the forums…. Recently acquired this Sony Walkman D3 with packaging but it...
Hi everyone, I purchased a CF-580 locally in the twin cities that was in really rough condition. Here’s a YouTube video I made: [MEDIA] I...
Excellent. I have a pretty extensive tool collection due to an odd mix of hobbies, and am sure I have some JIS tips but actually hadn’t ever...
Left PCB removal pretty easy. From here not sure of next steps. Is the right PCB glued or adhered to the metal top plate in the image? Not...
Ok so EBay FM pack arrived this morning. Installed and other than the scratchy volume pot had decent sound out of both channels. No stereo...
Thank you. I saw Korhonen's board a couple of months ago but I thought there were none available on Ebay. I may have been looking in the wrong...
Thanks Valentin for your comments and wisdom. I'm not expecting the FM pack to work, but again this is just a hobby for me so I enjoy trying to...
I agree about the larger older Walkmans. I don’t try to go jogging with them so what difference does the size make . I bought an FM pack on EBay...
Have been playing for a while now and speed is pretty close to spot on vs streaming on line. Some W&F but honestly it sounds pretty good. Will...
This popped up on Marketplace in Minneapolis MN this morning so went and picked it up. Seller also had on EBay for lower price. When I got...
Some pics of exterior and inside compartment…
Hello Valentin, I am going to attempt to refurbish both a JVC CX-7 (without FM tuner) and a CXR7 ( has recording capability). Can you tell me...
If I’m following your issue correctly, I had a similar issue with a WM-5. Documented in the forum here. For me, ultimately it was a slightly...
One thing kind of interesting is with the UK Manual you can see some of the changes made in the later units. Newer models have a pull feature on...
Thanks for the link. I saw that one and downloaded but the copy is a bit fuzzy to interpret the schematic and mechanically looks similar the...
Just quick update I begrudgingly did clip one of the vintage cable ties as I saw no options to go further and, alas, there was another cable tie...
OK I can see from your recap thread photos that you clearly removed the 4 pin socket but it looks like your wires all go in to a clear plastic...
Just a quick pic to show where I’m getting held back. The grey wire goes to a reed switch by the transformer. That was looped around the main...
Thanks. I have the free service manual but it’s for the CF-550. Not the A version. Not exactly the same. Didn’t think to look and see if the...
Separate names with a comma.