Agreed. Completely different and seems slightly thinner too.
All done with the controls panel aluminium overlay!! I had to cut and drill the holes by hand then carefully file the holes to size. Sanded...
I'm always on the look out for WM10 series and for the last 12 months they've been hard to find in good condition. I tend to buy them from Yahoo...
I agree with you. I don't have a Nakamichi deck but my $40 Sony TC K-71 deck sounds amazing. Just like the TPS-L2 years ago. Prices weren't that...
So couldn't help myself when I was at the hobby shop picking up the aluminium sheets for the KT AS-10. A nice little turntable :) [MEDIA]
@Antoni I normally have atleast one or two for sale but it's been quite difficult to find one in good condition lately. I'll keep my eyes open...
Yep crazy prices. Had a customer buy an older model I think around 10 years old for around 2K but still not worth it. A set of ink will set you...
I'll change my choice. Since it's a Walkman that means something to the owner as a special unit then for me its the Sony Walkman WM FX-56. It was...
Here's my first attempt at making a new panel overlay for the controls. Bought a few small sheets of aluminium for a local hobby shop. Thinnest I...
Very cool. Does it have an amorphous head like the 550c?
Is the DD-30 one you recently purchased? If so then there is always a chance a previous owner has tried to play around with the level adjustment pots.
The DD-30 for me. [ATTACH]
Ooooozing cool. :boogie:
For now this is what I have to live with. :) Have not been able to find some aluminium sheets that are thin enough to suit the controls overlay. I...
Initially I used a scan of an image but ended up using the pdf linked above.
With the WM10/20 series you want to make sure it turns on (red led) when headphones are plugged in. Maybe ask the seller to do this if possible....
Hahah I agree with you. I got suckered into it. The all mighty Boodo Khan. The sound quality on my DD-30 is way better.
Yep pretty much. I got mine for around $650 AUD. I only got it cause I sold a bunch of walkmans so I could afford it :)
That really helps. Thanks so much.
Poor DD-100. If it was $480 Australian dollars then I would. :shock
Separate names with a comma.