The D-35 / D-350 uses the same UPD6376 DAC as the cheap plastic D33. So they are said to sound the same. Sony's flagship model of 1990. SF89...
That's great, fantastic, I will deal with the tire and try different things etc,. :thumbsup: (How long was that tape counter belt?) Yes these...
Something like these? Maybe the top one... Idler tire Idler ring for SONY TC-D5M ,TC-D5PRO ,TC-D5PROII Cassette Recorder T-shape idler tire for...
That was a timely post Lincoln Scott. Exactly. It often all depends on what years of production and what we as individuals were exposed to etc.,...
So that's why you are clearing out the boomboxes :frown:
I have in .txt files the "copied and pasted" text from old head-fi.org threads on which Discman sounded best. It was almost a consensus in some of...
Looks like flux. See if it cleans off with a cotton swap "Q-tip" and 70% alcohol. If it cleans off it isn't likely to be heat related.
Makes sense to just put an internal wire antenna like that for FM. Though for authenticity on old desirable models one can get sorta get various...
Another one ready to ship out. At this rate you should be able to clear at least 1 full shelf by Christmas :wink: Only 20 shelves to go!
Interesting Sony. You are on a roll with these videos and getting units ready to sell! Shame it's so quiet around here and not a busy forum or...
I am sure to watch it all. Always interesting to see obscure models get tested and played.
Fantastic, a 3 way shoot-out of some old Mono boxes, I will watch the full 18 minutes of course :thumbsup: So will a host of lurkers and...
Very helpful and useful video for all those interested in Sony's "Big Mono" offering of the mid to late 70's. A simple straightforward video but...
Great, that's the tape with the youtube copyright-free music that you can actually play in youtube videos? I have to browse that youtube library...
I'll pop a few of them into the teleport cabinet and shoot em' down there for ya. What were your space time coordinates again? Back to reality...
It's probably fine, I would proceed on that assumption, see if it works once the other parts arrive. Detach it and test with ohm-meter at room...
Once upon a time the old Radio Shack stores would have these. That was my favourite store as a kid. I bought everything from there. Nowadays one...
Sony CF-1980 MKV. Not my picture. From the completed e-bay sale few months back. Curious why so many revisions and what kept changing? Must...
Awesome, you got a CF-1990 on the way :thumbsup: very curious what your video of that will be like. And a buried CF-580 to unearth one day :laugh:
Yes Mister X, that Sony CF-480S is the general export version of the CF-1980. Which was updated as the CF-1980 MKII which is the CF-485 for the...
Separate names with a comma.