Curiously heavy. Until one opens it up and observes the abundant amount of thick metal that composes the chassis frames inside. And the thick...
Good pictures and always interesting to read these topics. Here's hoping you get a buyer real quick. :thumbsup:
Same as on the Sony CF-550 then (1971-1976) :frown: ... Disappointing but that's because early boxes did not think of people wanting to use just...
Probably just going to have to buy the service manual. PS: I like that odd look of the "Acoustic 3D" Aiwa with blue background around the speakers.
E-bay is choked with boomboxes but all are dubious junk with secretive furtive sellers who "forget" to disclose little details... like how busted...
I watched that TechMoan video some time back and it was painful to watch. That guy is useless at detail work and repairs in general. Working on...
"Sorry" for not being able to read the disc? "Sorry" for whatever malfunction it is exhibiting.
That's the kind of big nasty complex boombox I would not want to work on :wink: Good luck with that one James! Yikes.
Wait - are you sure it is putting out stereo? A lot of these devices actually put out mono headphone jack. Your Apple 4 pin plug may have just...
Sure. They were really just short wave radios that happened to have a cassette deck when ya think about it. Especially that National Panasonic...
I try to skip all that. By studying pictures and user reports on forums like this. To try and see if something is made like junk, or must sound...
Sanyo M2448 with big 8 inch speaker looks good. The AM / FM selection looks a see-saw button where one is pressed down and the other pops up? Is...
Yes I will check this out especially if Jorge thought it good enough to support the Discovery one. Always interested in finding new electronic...
1.) I don't know 2.) I personally use fine needle syringe with a drop or two of the "liquid bearings" 100% synthetic oil loaded into it. The fine...
Interesting discussion. Boombox for the masses! May very well be one of those pictured. Who knows!
I would send both D6 to Deb64 in the UK for complete overhaul. And the DD9. Then list both D6C on e-bay as is. And try and sell all the other...
The JVC RC 443JW is great, I found one on e-bay last year in even better full working condition - but I passed it by. Should have got it! Sony...
Sony CF-160S that I chose from 3 old boomboxes I was offered back in 2014. This was when the virus was first contracted. The malady of Boomboxitis...
That was a really great re-introduction post Jam_On_It !!! :thumbsup: :biggrin: Yeah so welcome back to the madness. I am relatively new to all...
D6 was / is considered superior to D6C by some due to: 1.) Has the superior pointy amorphous head "Hyperbolic Laser Amorphous" 2.) Has better...
Separate names with a comma.