1972 [ATTACH]
1972 BASF [ATTACH]
1972, wow, Mallory made tapes? They were known more for batteries. [ATTACH]
Another article on tape head alignment, I think this is more for R2R but should work for compact cassette. [ATTACH]
1972, don't forget storage! Ziff-Davis was a book/magazine publisher, they must have seen the impending growth of cassettes. [ATTACH]
1972, little did they know that tapes were going viral [ATTACH]
HiFi Stereo Review 1972 [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH]
In the same magazine (different than above). It's wild they swapped the ad size. 1972 [ATTACH][ATTACH]
1972, a neat early deck from TEAC, check out the Dolby Box! I think the Dolby could also be used with R2R. [ATTACH]
An early article on head wear, from 1972 HiFi Stereo Review [ATTACH]
1972, did Maxell beat Memorex's broken glass concept? [ATTACH] This is in the same magazine...... [ATTACH]
From 1972, Ampex, while their pro-units seemed to have great market share, I never ran into the consumer versions. Here's a new one for me and it...
1972, what happened Memorex? this is beautiful packaging, they even co-branded with Pioneer (in another thread here). Anybody know what the wrap...
1972 [ATTACH] and on the next page.... [ATTACH]
HiFi Stereo Review 1972 [ATTACH]
Trust me, the #1 question is why no soft-touch, I have to believe it's on the way and Bumpboxx mentioned they have one in mind for the next...
Something else that also plays into it is plastic molding was reletively young in the 70's and 80's. Consumer electronics and cars were embracing...
Everything sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks!
Japan employes a lot of Chinese Workers, they might be sending the units back home. I've looked at Chinese Auction Sites over the years and seen...
Unfortunately I have 100's of decks, not really in the market for a "new" deck but they look great. I think the demand is there and I'm still...
Separate names with a comma.