In regards to: "The RIF switch next to the Din input is stuck solidly on the “A” position" I can offer that it could be oxidation of the switch...
That looks like a good quality old Hitachi from my Google results. I would buy the "proper" belts but that's just me. Perhaps you could get the...
Yup good job. :thumbsup: Hard and shiny pinch roller :biggrin: It is always a risk that the new pinch roller will be garbage or defective and...
Yeah that's what I had through the 80's too. From when I was 5 or 6. No music tapes, just a few audiobooks, as well as myself reading stories and...
I just wanted to say some words of support and encouragement here! I like to see such 3D printed parts being made :thumbsup: Especially by someone...
That is quite the round-about-here-there-and-everywhere belt path. I don't think I have ever seen a belt layout that convoluted before.
Finally sent for 20 of the KSC1815YTA Transistors a few weeks ago. First group I replaced were Q202, Q302, Q203 and Q303. That solved the intense...
The problem is always cost. To make a good 1984 era quality cassette only walkman, without Disc Drive, just a brass flywheel and belts, would be...
I might have to get a few of these Vapex gumsticks then, to see how they do, might be ok after all then! Yes the NiCd memory effects. One can...
Kinda wondering what the rest of the story turned out like. Such a downer when there are no updates.:scratch2
Sanyo M9998, I looked it up on Google and checked out the images, not bad I could like that design :thumbsup: Indicator bulbs, sometimes called...
Yes. The #1 reason I wanted to get one of these early Sony's was to experience the awesomeness of the build quality. The bundles of wires were...
What dumb ads :scratch2:
I purchased several different middle gear's from 3 different vendors / makers. Including the German guy on e-bay. His is the one I put in the...
What a cool story. That's really nice. Huh. :applause
An amusing and lively write up there Retro Museum! :thumbsup:
259 Dutch gouldens in 1984 to US dollars in 1984 would be what? I'll take a Vendomatic PCS-100 in dark grey please :wink2
Thanks for the warning. I have been debating whether to get a few of these gumsticks for my old MZ-R900 MD players for about... a year now...
These problems are difficult without testing equipment to systematically test down the signal chain. Cases and examples of tough issues to solve...
Big project with a high "hassle factor"... good job! That handle rebuild looks great.:thumbsup: I wonder why the distortion persists?
Separate names with a comma.