A newspaper advert from 1990 [ATTACH] Index were an Argos wannabe. Just eighteen months earlier I would have been very interested in that £99 CD...
1999 and this was a deal thought advertising in a National Newspaper. Now you could find some of the same CDs in a Charity Shop two for £1. [ATTACH]
Screwfix are selling them today. I would guess I first saw Varta in the local Gateway supermarket back in the 1970s. The local hardware store...
Two from a U.K. national newspaper back in 1990. Woolworths tying up with Maxell to try and get some Christmas sales [ATTACH] This is the one...
A 1991 newspaper advert from the U.K's largest electronics and camera shop for nothing but keyboards [ATTACH] I paid £330 for a YS100 Synth two...
Don't talk to me about Varta :nonoplease. They killed my first Casio CZ101 by leaking all over the circuit board. They had only been in there...
Today in 1993 was a Saturday and U.K. rivals Comet and Dixons were obviously trying to compete for peoples Christmas present money with double...
[ATTACH] £148 according to the Bank of England. There again the average wage was only £48, although you could have bought 50 pints of beer, and...
9 Quelle is a German chain of stores. You would be as likely to find a cassette player from them in the U.K. as a cassette player from W.H. Smith...
While looking at Sanyo Radios this one caught my eye on eBay. With a sensible start price and me being the only bidder and I got it for about £14...
I reckon there were as many obscure brand name Japanese tape recorders in the 1960s as there are obscure branded Chinese Bluetooth speakers today....
I think a lot of the time the smaller companies were less worried about lawsuits. Sony or Panasonic "The record companies won't like that idea"...
This 1989 Tandy (AKA Radio Shack in the USA) covers many topics on Stereo2Go. [ATTACH] p.s. That Cassette Deck looks interesting. I wonder if it...
Before I lose the link check out these multipacks (at the bottom of the page)...
I just spent ages trying to find a decent Casio CZ demo which doesn't cheat by adding reverb (The Jean-Michel Jarre sound was an home organ that...
I have one, bought because it was cheaper (used) than a CZ101 (although I have since bought one of those). When new in the 1980s and early 1990s...
Is this the first vehicle in the "Cool Stuff for sale" thread ? https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9aQvPx0Q/1994-toyota-crown-royal-e I thought it...
Having just posted the newspaper advert I had to look what a JVC RC-X510 was and found https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374890485258 [ATTACH] £199 to...
An Advert with loads of prices from today in 1990. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have commented before that the British hate haggling. However many will...
Here is an unusual one which might belong in the Archaeology thread. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256214920011 Seeing the outside I was expecting...
Separate names with a comma.