After looking at the recent Binatone Hip-Fi pictures I did a search on eBay. No Hip-Fis but I did spot this which made me think of @Mister X...
The internal Record / Playback switch (usually on the PCB) is another part that often causes problems. If the contacts are dirty the head might...
Rather than throwing any away you should either try a job lot on EBay or see if any of the established manual companies would make you an offer. I...
Spotted in a local second hand shop this makes a change from the black eggs from the same era. Probably the same internals as a Panasonic Cobra,...
I saw her just a few years ago at Let's Rock.
It is normally the buyer who pays postage, although with most people the postage will determine what they are prepared to bid in an auction. Years...
Do we now rely on the internet too much? Yesterday as a result of a storm we had a widespread power cut lasting over an hour. Our mobiles were...
@autoreverser has a huge collection of clones http://www.stereo2go.com/forums/threads/my-tps-l2-clones-westman-so-far.331/ I wouldn't call...
I recall it newsworthy in the electronics press when a U.K. Tv manufacturer commissioned a plastic back for a portable colour TV. Back then larger...
Last time you mentioned it I found. https://www.chessplastics.co.uk/manufacturing/ in the London Science Museum they had the moulds for a...
That depends on the age of the VCR. When I scrapped a U-Matic VCR I saved the wiring harness as it had yards of useful looking wire in it. In...
In the U.K. Ford is one of the few car brands who has never used sub-brands. All Fords are Fords. In contrast VAG have five mainstream brands...
All Cougars were made in the USA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cougar Having previously owned a Capri I found this video interesting....
If anything you might damage the battery. One idea would be to time how long the NiMH takes to charge and then charge the NiCad for just under...
Most information about NiCads suggest that provided the charge rate is less than 1/10th of the cell capacity you needn't be concerned about...
A halo effect from the Telefunken boomboxes, which some people think are the best sounding ones ever made ? A shame I can't see where it was made....
I have a couple of BackTracks type cassettes with two albums on one cassette. Susan Vegas first two albums, and two from Christopher Cross. I...
It would be interesting to know where it was bought. My Mother was a Teacher so I used to get to see the yearly catalogue of school supplies with...
Henry Ford started that trend "Any color you like; as long as it's black". I guess it is down to logistics. Imagine seeing six different colors in...
The whole vintag.es site is worth having a look although other than a group by decade function it doesn't have an obvious structure. In the 1980s...
Separate names with a comma.