I had to think for a long time before I remembered this (the cassette deck at the bottom). [ATTACH] It appeared on the "junk" table at the Amateur...
That is a nice build which you have put a lot of work into. Sometime in the past when somebody was suggesting something similar I suggested using...
A lot of the car is rather oldschool. Check out thiiiiis review of one and note how little the touchscreen is in both size and functionality....
I love this sort of thing. The reason I joined the forum was to compare the price of the new Boombox with the new motorbike I bought around that...
The Argos version doesn't have a CD player either. I reckon your box would have been around £300 new.
We had a computer (singular) at school in the 1970s. At least we thought we did https://www.oldcalculatormuseum.com/a-bus2017-1.html To write...
That explains it. When I was 16 the "computers" at college were teletypes with acoustic couplers on modems that linked them back to the mainframe....
How old is he? Low end 2005 Ford Kas still came with factory fitted radio cassette. My wife had one. Actually I can do better than that. A 2008 Ka...
I have tapes from the 1970s that still play fine. Will an SD card still work in fifty years time. In the early days of FLASH memory it would amuse...
Yes. Locally "Scope" occasionally sells tapes but charges £1 each - the same as CDs and most vinyl. When I bought a couple a month or two ago the...
A bit too upmarket for Argos. They did have the similar RX-CT980 with mechanical decks for a mere £169. Rather surprisingly several of the CD...
The carrying cases were probably originally £5 each. It reminds me of my late mothers collection which a charity shop rejected so thankfully I...
A great MT68 from Yo9utube from someone who can really play. [MEDIA] If there is any additional effects on this they are very subtle. As soon as...
Argos had exactly the same range back in 1984 (+ a few others)[ATTACH] [ATTACH] I bought the MT65 which was identical to the MT68 except for being...
A complete history of them [MEDIA]
Like I said earlier in the thread I use a Casio FX450 everyday at work. It has already outlasted its original purchaser by at least 15 years....
A calalogue page here http://www.stereo2go.com/topic/index.php?content_oid=257149839360300472&board_oid=193392314111653439 Interesting that they...
Back from the days when people thought they would have their own personal C3PO and R2D2 by the year 2000.
I recall seeing them in the UK Catalogues back in the day. Casseiver was a term used back then. Someone must have bought one because there is...
Like @nickeccles said they were really an early to mid 1970s thing that pre-dated stereo boomboxes. This Panasonic is a great example...
Separate names with a comma.