Are you recording and playing back on the same deck ?
From what I have read the CD was based on the PCM-F1 electronics and a miniaturised version of Philips Laserdisc. Doing some Googling I found an...
I agree with both @CDV and @Valentin on this. Regarding mastering many classic albums were recorded on equipment that while of a decent standard...
I've always thought the line was more blurred. The bottom of the range linear tracking turntable SL3 was badged Technics or Panasonic depending on...
If you couldn't afford Technics, sister brand Panasonic had you sorted back in 1981 [ATTACH] The funny thing is that Amstrad made a fortune by...
A Technics advert from 1984 emphasising that stereos didn't need to be huge, with a mess of wires at the back [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I think the Sony was aimed at Guitarists. Many years later JVC had a similar idea....
Thanks for the pictures. Looking at outside photos it wasn't even obvious that there is a conventional tonearm buried inside the lid. Is the...
I thought he was a bit unfair on it. On his Patreon page some people commented that the beginning sounded like the start of Phil Collin's 1981...
It depends on the year. In 1981 the Binatone Hip-Fi Cloneman was £50. I believe a genuine Sony Walkman was over £100. [ATTACH] A year later as...
Sometimes it is as easy as simply opening the doors. If the door is attached to the front panel while the mechanism is attached to the chassis,...
Interesting that they had Tandy in Australia. Tandy = Radio Shack with all the same brands like Realistic. I'm not sure why they changed the name,...
Yes. Back in the day you could buy three or even five Type 0s for the price of one Sony. They were typically sold at markets and pound stores.
I think you are right. Feeding the model numbers into RadioMuseum I am getting 1975 or 1976. Unfortunately I don't have a scan of the front of the...
Since we were talking about Woodgrain Boomboxes, here are a couple of Woodgrain Stereo Cassette Recorders from the same 1970 catalogue [ATTACH]...
That pre-dates Sanyo buying Fisher by a decade ! By 1970 there were similar Sanyo models so it looks as if they copied the idea. [ATTACH]
One for people in the USA. A mini TV in a Mini Boombox. [ATTACH]...
Since this seems to be the thread for Micro TVs I guess it is the best place to post this advert from 1986. [ATTACH] By the time you added some...
I had read before that they started off using BASF tape which was the only type that would meet their requirements given the narrow tracks and low...
Back to a more conventional system and advert in 1987 [ATTACH] Just ten years later the advert would become rather dated when White Town got to...
Separate names with a comma.