Some company history https://www2.funai.co.jp/en/company/history.html You are right about the VCRs. I think most of them were sold under other,...
A practical purpose for being able to select mono on an FM stereo radio is for when you are listening to weak stations. Double the bandwidth means...
Happy Christmas everyone. Santa has his Boombox ready to entertain the reindeer with music [ATTACH]
Another Philips for the collection. This one has a mirror finish front that makes taking photos difficult. [ATTACH] I was the only bidder for...
Remember the Panasonic Egg Chair on that site ? At the shopping centre in Southampton I was rather surprised to see a load of similar chairs at a...
I know where Kelvin / Paula got the idea for that J Card [MEDIA] The Old Grey Whistle Test was the BBC's serious Rock programme, concentrating on...
Compared to the Vega that looks to be feature rich. Having included a Multi-Band radio and four meters in it, the only surprise is that they...
I have looked before for a BBC article I once read about VCR sales starting in the USSR but found this one....
In the U.K. we got Vega shortwave radios and some small (about 6") Black and White TVs. Both those products were very competitively priced against...
Two years out as just found it in the 1993 catalogue on Hi-Fi Archiv http://www.hifi-archiv.info/Sony/1993/ [ATTACH] Given the similarities in...
The orange gunk is glue to stop the components vibrating until the leads fracture. PC power supplies used it a lot. The actual components look to...
With 1748 items for sale you would have to be very organised. I have sold hundreds of items on eBay but never had more than five listed at the...
Pretty good. If you look at the internal picture in the rebelting post I linked to you will see that the speakers are about the largest they could...
Here is my latest. [ATTACH] http://www.stereo2go.com/forums/threads/sony-cfs200l-rebelt.7714/#post-57882 I have no idea how Sony's numbering...
This was in a charity shop for £5 labelled "cassette deck not working". [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It was still there a couple of days later so I took...
It is likely that the unit might have been sold under different brands in different countries. I doubt if we would have had Embassy as a brand...
I guess the FCC was more generous in giving out licenses. A film I enjoyed about the pirate radio stations in the U.K. was [MEDIA] which went by...
Welcome. most members here love seeing pictures of other peoples collections so we will look forward to those.
By the 1990s it was common for car stereos (even Japanese ones) to have a removable front panel; small enough to go in a pocket, but making the...
Someone should buy it and find out :nodding: I see controls for Squelch, which on a Radio Channel stops you listening to noise and implies Voice...
Separate names with a comma.