I flattened it out by simply bending it in the opposite direction beyond the point it was straight. Done this quite a few times until I was...
An update in regard to a gear I have tried myself: https://www.ebay.com/itm/335028384425 Part is very cheap, but do keep in mind most of these...
Watched the video now and I agree the small gear on the flywheel seems to be the problem. Before commiting into removing, check that both units...
Liquid super glue is what I used. Don't know if I have updated the original thread or not, but there are 3 potential problems in regard to the...
The height (and also diameter) is usually the important factor in these portables, that's the first criteria I go by because in many walkmans for...
Obtaining values lower than the specificaion is not as unusual as you may think, in fact it's pretty common. You have to consider a specification...
Logic would say the head height is to be checked first before azimuth or levels. However, in practice, the head height cannot change by itself. It...
It really depends how easy those Nichicon UKW are to obtain. This catalog (https://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/series_items/catalog_pdf/e-ukw.pdf)...
Glad you found my advice useful ! Generally it's a good idea to clean any rubber parts after installation with IPA, as they are very likely to be...
Looking at the video I see nothing wrong, but question still remains: does the white plastic slider move the head bridge into fully extended...
The stuttering can be caused by 2 things: - the intermediate gear not fully engaging due to that arm having old grease on it; - the hexagon in the...
The 2 springs are used to move the 2 metal arms into position. Those parts hold an intermediate gear which transfers the torque from the capstan...
There is only one motor that drives both FWD and REV. The second motor is for FF and REW. Watched the video, judging by the sound it seems to me...
Here are some images with motor used on WM-EX60/EX70/EX66/EX77/EX88/FX707. Motor is very similar to the ones depicted above, only differences...
Want to add some clarifications, especially in regard to points 3 and 5, as these are the most diffcult from the entire process. 3. When removing...
In my opinion, even units that are very rare and there's only one for sale at some point in time, still have a market price despite what other...
@Benjamin0817 The issue can be caused by too little pressure applied to the pinch roller, to the point where the tape simply slips through and all...
The 400Hz test tone is for Dolby levels adjustment. That adjustment can't be done by using a sound card and a PC software. You need a TrueRMS...
More and more sellers are adopting this mentality of never giving up on the price regardless if they sell or not. I stated quite a few times on...
The one I took pictures from is a donor unit with rusty capstans that won't be repaired. Unfortuantely I'm not familiar with these series,...
Separate names with a comma.