Here it is, the FWD/REV switch.
No, it's not that. The head up switch is simply a power on switch probably used for the muting function. The one I am talking about is somewhere...
If you upload a picture of what you are reffering to I can tell.
Philips DCC130 Repair and maintenance items: - leaky electrolytic capacitors will need to be replaced; - belt needs to be replaced; - pinch...
What I recommend doing is to clean the head switch with contact cleaner (Kontakt 60).
Have the impression I misunderstood the original problem entirely. To me it doesn't make sense that motor speed fixed a potential tape curling...
Kenwood CP-E5/CP-E7/Sharp JC-K99, JC-K100, JC-K101, JC-S100 Kenwood CP-J7 Hitachi CP-S20 Repair and maintenance items: - clutch gear broken, will...
Let's ignore the previous statement. To make it clear and simple, focus on the following 2 options: 1. Remove the entire reel assembly...
You get a piece of cotton, immerse it in alcohol and get it between the reel and brass bushing (this is in the casssette compartment). For the...
You need to clean the old grease in the reel bushing, by using thin pieces of cotton and alcohol. Ideally, the shaft should be removed and...
Motor was woobling in what direction ? It was changing its angle relative to the rubber disc, meaning it didn't stay perfectly perpendicular to...
Azimuth can be messed up by tape curling at the pinch roller, apart from a misalignment of the head itself. In fact, the tape curling at the...
Ok, so in regard to the pinch roller, just leave it alone for now. The oxide marks as said may be either due to that small misalignment I think I...
What I don't understand is this: do you have play of the capstan inside the bushing or the bushing/FG coil assy is moving relative to the case ?...
I'm familiar with the DIY version in the YouTube video, that is in fact what I wanted to do myself before buying the one I have now. As you...
You shouldn't feel any difference as it's a basic spring setup, so the resistance will be the same in both directions. And yes that should be the...
In this case the best thing to do is get yourself one tape that you know for sure to be good and try that given how old are these tapes. About...
In the case of the WM-D3, that "tape path alignment" screw is for something else, specifically for adjusting the height of the erase head....
It's unfortunate there are still a lot of people that don't know or don't realise the DC in jack on this device is center negative, despite it's...
@Cassette2go Yes I do work on walkmans for other people, as @Emiel has already mentioned. Hope you will be able to finish the boombox repair...
Separate names with a comma.