Hello and welcome to the forum ! There are a few people who can help here on the forum, including myself. What has been done on the walkman...
Hello and welcome to the forum ! You need to give us more information about the unit: - is there any noise present when it plays a cassete ? -...
When I initially looked at the diagrams realised there are quite a few parts that are not actually shown, so the diagrams are "block diagrams"...
Thanks for clarifying, @euroflash ! I agree indeed that using a full track tape for adjusting azimuth is to be preffered for the reasons you...
Ok, so first of all I will attach screenshots of the mechanism's diagrams as it will be easier to reference the parts mentioned this way. Then,...
I would check the alignment of the capstans relative to the cassette shell: remove the door, put a cassette in and observe if capstan sits...
In regard to the recording, you can get an external USB sound card with line in, like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/171800234043 It's enough...
Azimuth can create a slight imbalance together with high frequency loss, it depends how far off the adjustment is. In regard to the adjustment, I...
I suggest to start by looking at the block diagram signal path. From my understanding you said that the line out is fine, but you have no left...
First of all, pay attention to the fact the TC-D5M uses a center negative plug for the DC in jack. So if you are to use an adaptor, either buy one...
To me it looks like you have an azimuth problem, so I would go in that direction. First adjust by listening to see if adjusting it does actually...
Hello and welcome to the forum ! What I suggest is to check the takeup torque on both FWD and REV playback by hand. Put the walkman in play and...
In regard to the gear, there are 2 options: either replace it with a new gear (there are a few different sellers) or use a donor unit. With donor...
In regard to a potential donor, it doesn't have to be a GX unit, can be EX as well: EX670, EX674, EX677, EX678, etc. Essentially any model with...
There are 3 things that can cause a clicking sound in EX mechanisms. To narrow it down, you need to pay attention to the frequency of the click....
Looks promising, although it will probably require some small modification as the tip of the screw seems too large for this application and the...
I'm thinking from the same perspective, so we are on the same page here. Here the question is what the threshold of "similar enough" is. In my...
The WM-10 doesn't have any similarity with WM-2 or TPS-L2 indeed. The TPS-L2 is based on TCM-600, while later units (WM-3, D6, D6C) are based on...
I don't think that is the case because we can see a HUGE difference in wow&flutter between FWD and REV. From experience, belts from FYA are...
Ok, this is a good sign. That's how it should be. About the thickness of the belt, to me it looks to be the typical FixYourAudio thickness. Can't...
Separate names with a comma.