That does look to be old. Radio Museum claims 1972, https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/crown_csc_505fw.html but I think that was just when it was...
The problem is how to connect to the LCD. I presume you are both aware of this...
Your comments about Boomboxes made me think of the famous scene in one of the Star Trek movies [MEDIA] Talking about vinyl missed out DJ ing,...
At least it gave the designers something to think about and do, Can you imagine the people doing the styling at an electronics company these days...
There are a couple for sale in Germany at the moment. This one even comes with a period correct cassette....
I just noticed that the 5.3W is at a supply voltage of 20V so at the nominal 12V supply it will be lower. BTL amplifiers are really common in...
From the article "Tapes allow fans to engage with music in a physical way and support the artists they admire." I think that is the key point....
There is even a circuit in the datasheet showing how to do that https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/607881/MatsushitaElectric/AN7156N/1 As power = V...
Nice decks, and you can say you own a Nakamichi !. In the U.K. in the 1970s there was an AKA of the Nakamichi 500 Dual Tracer top loader sold...
Back when they were more popular most people thought that the weak part of mini systems were the speakers. In the U.K. there was quite a large...
Look closely by the tonearm and I think that is one of the ones with a "Disc Drive" mechanism which operates directly onto the underside of the...
Thanks for the informative video. I have a WM-FX10 which I need to look inside as the tape isn't working, The the slightly earlier WM-BF49 which...
The next page in the catalogue has the medium price Sony Walkmans starting with the £70 WM-FX40 and ending up with the £80 WM-EX55 or WM-FX43. I...
A good point Jorge. Thinking about TooCool4's car analogy I doubt if anyone uses a Ferrari as their daily driver. I did have an eccentric...
I would just keep looking locally, without much regard for make or model. A month or two ago someone asked a similar question on the forum. A week...
Having been browsing through various Argos catalogues @CDV will like this page from the 1993 Superstore catalogue [ATTACH] Whether it was...
No Dolby on the FX521. Personally I think the Aiwa looks more interesting, although some Aiwas do have a reputation for using poor quality...
Peter Vis has done one of his comprehensive articles on the EX612. https://www.petervis.com/walkmans/WM-EX612/WM-EX612.html Alongside Dolby three...
I agree with TooCool4. With those models a working one is worth at least twice what a non-working one is. I have more than one personal stereo...
They played this on the radio this morning on the way to work. The organ break towards the end has to be one of the best ever. [MEDIA]
Separate names with a comma.