VWestlife recently made a video about replacement belts. [MEDIA] His conclusion was that there were noticeable inconsistencies in new belts from...
It was interesting to read on Wikipedia that OMD got their big break being the support for Gary Numan, and that a few years later they returned...
@CDV 's comments about older bands made me think of this [MEDIA] Whether anyone will enjoy it is a different matter. The funny thing is that one...
Back in the 1980s few of these bands actually needed to bother touring. It also didn't help that my local concert hall seemed to have far more...
About ten years ago I saw him for free at a large local music shop when he did a concert there to promote the latest Roland keyboards.
Is this what happens when someone leaves a Boombox playing at the local market ? [MEDIA] I just found this having seen the song performed live at...
I'm not sure if you had a look at the line up but Howard was there. He was actually born in Southampton where this was held. [ATTACH] I think...
After being postponed twice Lets Rock Southampton 2020/21 finally happened yesterday and I was there. This year I cheated and took a chair rather...
$120 sounds expensive for this type of deck. For that price I would expect a years guarantee from a shop that I would be confident would be around...
It depends on the product. Many of the VCRs were probably just screwed together. Things like Television tubes were more likely to be made here. My...
This got played on "The Golden Hour" yesterday and the Wikipedia article mentioned boomboxes (although the pop ups at the end obstruct the video)....
I have a 1970s National Panasonic radio made in Iran ! As for U.K. manufacturing here is news from Aiwa....
I am wondering if it might have actually been made in Switzerland, maybe using imported parts like the deck. I have said before how in the 1980s...
Below is an example of a third category of tape bought here in the U.K.. Not pirated but not what the record companies wanted. Can you spot...
That is a debate that would need a thread all to itself. Back to pre-recorded tapes, those were the ones Record Companies whated you to buy. Have...
An interesting video. This is some Russian music (made with a bit of help from U.K. producer Trevor Horn) that caused a big impact in the U.K. and...
I have been revisiting my Samantha Fox albums, one which I only have on a pre-recorded tape. Quite an 80s sound and parts of the video remind me...
I'm not sure I understand the question. @stuck-in-time is correct in that pre-recorded tapes were usually ferric or chrome. They would have been...
I guess MiniDiscs then didn't have any computer interface so had to be recorded in real time just like a tape. I do recall a HiFi enthusiast I...
Welcome Many problems like you describe are caused by aging electrolytic capacitors. The ones in TVs tend to be worked much harder than the ones...
Separate names with a comma.