@Rune Lindman I think what happens there is the head is not fully engaging on that pin, judging by how it looks on the pictures. Or maybe...
Ok, so let me undertand: the head is tilted when looking from above ? In stop mode it's normal, as it's not engaged, but in play it should be more...
The first suspect in such a situation is a misaligned azimuth. Given azimuth is not adjustable on these units, I would start by checking if there...
Yes, I confirm this walkman will need a recap and this type of mechanism will also need a new clutch gear, besides the belt. Loose table reel...
It is crystal clear now, you're good at explaining :-). It only shuts the motor off in state 4, because there's an electronic latch in the...
Yes, the leaf switch on the left side of the picture is just an on/off and is triggered by pressing PLAY, FF or REW. That type is present on the...
My guess is that is designed to stop the motor in order to avoid chewing the tape. Unlike the DD, DDII, DDIII, DD30, DD33, DD100, DC2 on which the...
A very interesting product indeed ! Have never seen one of these before. It looks almost like those cassette type radios that were used in 80s...
The theory certainly does make sense (however to me it remains a theory), especially when comparing to the WM-EX walkmans situation where there...
@Chris_D Marian has stated what I am saying in an older thread from 2018-2019, but I cannot seem to find that thread at this point. Can't even...
Here I have for sale a SONY D-1000 Discman in need of repair. I bought it some time ago along with some cassette recorders, as seller was only...
Open the back cover, look for the ground plane of the PCB (typically solder mask removed near the holding screws to connect case GND to PCB GND)...
I wanted to create this thread for a long time and the time has finally come to do so. Given the above mentioned devices are quite popular among...
In regard to D6 and D6C being rarer and rarer, I have to disagree. I'm seeing a lot more of them for sale than, let's say, 2 years ago not less....
It really depends, mostly on the condition of the device. It is to be kept in mind a new rubber set for these devices is not available at this...
Seems good at first glance. On input and output, use tantalum/low ESR electrolytics instead of ceramic. You can add the recommended 100nF...
You need some headroom in both current handling (especially cause you won't have any heatsink) and dropout. Output current should be 500mA at...
I have a solution, if you're really concerned with the inconsistent tape speed: add a linear voltage regulator between the battery terminals and...
Ok, thanks for the detailed description of voltage --> speed correlation, that is what I was looking for. I'd say given the realtive simplicity...
First of all you should use a 3kHz test signal for adjusting/measuring tape speed, not a 440Hz (440Hz is used for level calibration). Note the...
Separate names with a comma.