What multimeter do you have ? You need a multimeter capable of measuring AC voltages at 10kHz. A TrueRMS one is to be preffered as well. If meter...
Thank you for the explanation, @mihokm ! I always wondered how those gears were made at the factory, because the original plastic one seemed to be...
@mihokm Glad to see this. Added a link to your website in the first post.
Sounds to me like the internal bias adjustment should be done, as bias is not equal on both left and right channel. However, a full calibration is...
@Ethan Henning Please don't quote the previous message if your response is immediately below mine, there's not point in doing that. As for those...
WM-DD30 and WM-DD33 do not have problems with capacitors. The only ones that have the "dreaded SMD capacitors" are the DD1/DD10/DD11/DD22 (these...
@nexfero Can you share the M-1000 service manual ? Pictures are enough, a scan will be even better. It seems to be very rare and it's unlikely to...
I have not read you first post carefully. Now I understand it's a problem you only get with this specific tape. So a problem with the deck can...
You need to do a simple test: does this happen with pre-recorded tapes or tapes recorded in a different deck/recorder ? I read that this is your...
@Longman Did not know about the PCM-F1, that is an interesting read. As for the loudness wars, those have certainly degraded the CD experience a...
I recommend lubricating everything that can be lubricated: capstan bearings, gear shafts. I recommend oil, not grease, as grease it too thick and...
There are different perspectives to this: If we are to compare a worst-case-scenario for analog technology (with poor type I cassette, no Dolby,...
Ok. That FWD/REV arm should be moved by the cam gear on the left (gray). If you push that white lever into the solenoid, that should engage the...
I agree that removing the PCB is the best coruse of action. It's possible that somehing in the mechanism is jammed. Once the PCB is removed you...
Yet another example of a seller that tries to dupe people into thinking his junk WM-DD walkman is something that they will never find again, it's...
So, to answer a couple of your questions: most walkmans of this type (not just SONY) have a similar starup sequence: after the TAPE IN switch is...
Thanks for sharing the pictures, I have never seen this one before. Please add some pictures from the inside to this thread when you do change...
Are you sure we are talking about KT - 4078 (I cannot find any picture with it online) or are you reffering to KT-4178 ? EDIT: It is likely the...
In regard to non-DRM files being physical, in my opinion these are much closer to the physical experience, since they can be played on a DAP (or...
This is the method of repairing the gear, it was used when a new gear was not available. Now, a new redesigned gear has been available for some...
Separate names with a comma.