Digging deep I did find where the 3.5 bit number I had stuck in my mind had come from in an ETI article from September 1989 [ATTACH] Before we...
Last one one for tonight. Very futuristic for 1975 and the Solina strings still sound superb on whatever DAC is inside the PC :wink2 [MEDIA]
Someone is claiming it here https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/technics-panasonic-mash-cd-players.825663/ Another forum said that...
I agree completely. AHA had three top two albums in a row in the UK and were considered big enough to do the Jame Bond theme, putting them in the...
Not to my knowledge. Duran started out as support for the equally futuristic Hazel O'Connor [MEDIA] Within months they were bigger than her....
I said I would write about DACs so here goes When CD was released the Japanese players used 16 bit DACs (often a single one shared between both...
Welcome Roger. Those are some interesting stories. Many people say it was sailors who introduced the U.K.to Rock & Roll. It isn't a coincidence...
Listening to Radio 2, Sounds of the 80s they played this in a Megamix. [MEDIA] Unbelievably it is forty years this week since this was released as...
I think the main thing that qualifies a speaker as a tweeter is the frequency response, which in turn depends on the designers intentions. The...
Bournemouth University which is actually in Poole. I am actually in Mudeford, Christchurch, but nowadays the town names are really just lines on a...
Hello from Bournemouth. We were planning to visit Jersey last Easter but obviously that couldn't happen. A tip regarding the website is to use...
I just found some details on the Sony website about the switch to tray loading....
That was a very comprehensive report. The Sony looks to be a prototype as the first player they sold was a tray loader. The display looks to be...
People are forgetting the effects of "gentrification" especially in city centres. For a long time I have been looking for a picture of a young...
Before I lose it I have found an interesting thread on Tapeheads about Anti-Skip buffering https://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=23201 I am...
I think mine was £3 at a car boot sale. The problem with a sealed pack like that is that when you open it you lose £150 of the value. Then you...
My guess, from their looks, is that they are very similar to the alarm sounders used in Digital watches and Musical Greetings cards. I/m sure we...
I have seen them go for far more than that...
An interesting video. In the U.K. the even cheaper WM-EX194 without the radio was being sold at the same time as shown in the catalogue scan...
I'm not sure if this one has been posted before https://blog.goo.ne.jp/domzoh/c/5cfb4d653d382dc153abdcf6794be907 I use the translate function in...
Separate names with a comma.