In the service manual, I can see a rotary switch that tells the microcontroller the position of the mechanism (FWD, REV, FF, REW). If that switch...
Given both were introduced in 1978, there is either no link between the two (the very similar mechanisms was a matter of convenience for Sony) or...
By looking at the ZX-7 pictures provided by @Silver965, I notice some aspects which could help establish what links are between this unit and...
There is another unit that can be included in gray (essential design elements taken from these units). A unit that I have completely disassembled...
I didn't even knew a WM-EX2 existed until now. Checked the service manual and it uses a different clutch system (2 gears in the center instead of...
There are a lot of SONY EX models that have a different clutch gear without that cracking problem. I will post a thread with walkmans' common...
What type of headphone plug do your headphones have ? 3-pole or 4-pole (with microphone) ? EDIT: I mistakently thought you were talking about a...
This is a common problem on many old SONYs sharing a similar mechanism (TPS-L2, WM-3). The takeup reel is turned by a rubber idler that, in time,...
Separate names with a comma.