It is possible that it is like you say. On some units with bi-azimuth the head gets into alignment only when in PLAY mode. @woofaki I recommend...
That's a very nice looking walkman, I like the grainy matte finish on the case and the fact it's a full logic unit. The battery is worth the...
@Raul I think it's a great idea to discuss about cassette problems. If you have a specific list with models that are problematic, please share it...
The variation of wow&flutter people consider good probably comes from a combination of the type of music they're listening to and how much...
In this video with the WM-FX281 it seems the tape speed is slower than it should. When you insert the first cassette, it seems to me it is...
@Emiel Now that I think again about it I have a potential explanation for why Sony did opt for single LED battery status on the D6C. First, the...
In my opinion, the lack of answers is caused by a couple of things: 1. The test is too complex, with too many tracks and that random letters and...
@Mister X In my view, the head wear thing is similar to an old car (an analogy I made before): being in mint condition means it is less likely to...
This is true for all the portable recording units: TC-D5M, D6, D6C, D3. Most of these were used profesionally and have a lot of wear. I mentioned...
Looking at the schematic, the EQ is done by R8, C8, R6 (right channel) and R7,C7, R5 (left channel). Switching the EQ either keeps pins 2 and 23...
@tomtom87 Serviced units have a lot more value than just working units, it's something that I mentioned in my first post. I was actually...
@Longman I agree about playback specific music that was only released on cassettes: I have about 10-15 of those with Romanian music from late 90s...
It's not my intention to necessarily change anything, rather to see what other people's opinion is about the subject and also to express my own....
@Xenon4U2C Those BASF LH SM cassettes do sound very good for a TYPE I. I bought about 15 of them used some time ago (90min and 120min), but most...
Unfortunately, many pre-recorded cassettes did not use very high quality tape. This may not have been an issue when the cassettes were new, but it...
There is another aspect that should be mentioned, with the risk of opening up another debade: headphones. Not all headphones perform equally, many...
Indeed, people can ask whatever they want on a product. But what I was trying to point out is this: if enough people ask X on a certain product,...
I want to start a discussion about a trend that most of you already know about: the prices of old walkmans (especially the SONY brand) has gone...
Yes, the plastic part on the right should move. You won't break it if you're careful, spray some contact cleaner (I recommend Kontakt 60) and move...
The 2 small intermediate gears are not present in the design with magnetic clutch, so I have to draw the conclusion that this is yet another...
Separate names with a comma.