That was in a club catalogue. Compared to Argos, you never find any bargains in them as all the emphasis is on the "low weekly repayments". I...
Thanks for the clarification. I just looked and at $17750 the Escort didn't meet its reserve. As fot my 1100L I paid £900 from a garage in 1981...
I'm not surprised, although note your comments about the engine and rust. The MK1 escort does have some rally heritage and wins behind it. From...
Not much product placement there. I recall the row about the Sony monitors during the trial....
A good question. I tried using Copydex to fit some new surrounds and ended up buying new speakers. I think a large part of the problem with...
That sounds like what they would call an Internship today. Before posting the previous link I looked through a 1969 Wireless world which had lots...
After 48 years the print edition, one of the best references for recent social history, is being discontinued....
Are you sure it wasn't £20 a week ? https://www.buddyloans.com/blog/living-in-the-70s-what-was-it-like-40-years-ago/#:~:text=In 1970, the average...
My first car, a 1974 version (the last year they made these) bought in 1981. However mine had the 1.1L engine, back windows that fell out if you...
I'm disappointed. It wasn't that long ago (in my timescales) that you got real cassettes at McDonalds....
Unless you have a classic car they will be difficult to fit as you have found. Back in 1995 these are the Pioneer units, club catalogue Grattan...
Did you ever get these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_P100#:~:text=It%20was%20based%20on%20medium,panel%20van%20in%20the%201960s. The 1981...
A nice little film which could be a trailer to a longer movie If anyone is wondering what boombox he is using [ATTACH]...
Get a 25 year old one of these...
Schneider were German and had links to Amstrad http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Schneider May the instructions were printed specially for French...
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned this price list from 1979 so here it is. According to the Bank of England multiply prices by 5 to get 2019...
Every town used to have a shop like that. Nowadays even the car accessory shops are closing down. I'm probably one of the reasons as I gave up on...
Are you sure you are on the right forum ? :wink2. Says the person who didn't buy a Sharp VZ1500 at a Charity shop for a similar price (although I...
It looks nice. I have one of these but not in such good condition. Unlike Panasonics you can turn off the Anti Skip which can degrade the sound. I...
Coincidence ? A couple of months ago the D: drive in my desktop PC failed when my wife tried to save a Notepad file to it. Luckily I had backed...
Separate names with a comma.