The reason was that until the Walkman was released headphones were either large and very heavy with reasonable sound or of more moderate weight...
If the expensive one was in the right Charity Shop I would be tempted to point out that it already had the price on it i.e $34 I did that with an...
After the recent discussion on Car Audio I thought people would be interested in a different type of tape deck in the Toyota Century luxury car....
Either; A) They felt the need to produce a new model every six months B) There was a commercial need for two different models. I have seen Canon...
In the UK the Japanese turntables weren't cheap but were probably better quality. The only turntable I have bought new was a Garrard SP25 MK6...
Does it come with the entire cassette compartment stuffed with Cocaine or something ? I have seen listing like this on Ebay before and just don't...
Did you notice the price bottom right ? $1269 in 2020 money according to the first US inflation calculator google found me. Buying a box like this...
Any Space Age styled equipment is now considered to be highly collectable. You have to admit they look pretty cool, and closed wouldn't look out...
I realised a long time ago that there are people who understand collecting and those who don't and find it very strange. About ten years ago a...
And I doubt if it was the original owner who took them there. Around here there are House Clearance companies who you pay to empty a house...
Obviously I can't talk about the Spanish Ebay. However, I have sold over 500 items (mainly toy trains) on the Ebay.co.uk A normal listing gets me...
The difference is that a record player can entertain 30 kids at once. However, by the end of the 1970s people were more likely to use a Radio...
Back in the 1970s Philips seemed to rule the European market for simple plastic record players This one has similar styling to yours....
Sorry to spoil it for anyone thinking they will get a bargain but I have just been looking at the price of those Teac reloadable reel to Reels...
Some obscure makes and some very desirable ones. Highlights are the Metal Master, and the ones with the little reels. A single Metal Master is...
Good to hear that you think we found the right one. It was interesting to hear about the car radios. 8 track went out of fashion in the UK in...
I expect you already have one with a different name on it. Looking at the catalogue page I realised I have an AKA of the AM/FM radio below it,...
It depends on whether you mean Sony Walkman (which is a trademark) or Personal Stereo Cassette Player. If you mean Sony Walkman, the most popular...
Best Buy actually tried to set up in the UK in 2010 but closed again in 2012. I guess they couldn't compete with Currys and Comet etc, and the...
That is a handsome looking unit. Like Mystic Traveller I have been admiring the display. I wonder if it is an electroluminescent backlight which...
Separate names with a comma.