QUOTE="Paul Jef Leppard, post: 39788, member: 2728"]Do you remember Lasky’s they were great. Computers , stereos television etc I certainly...
There are still a few shops like that in the UK but they are getting few and far between. This one near my Mums immediately sprung to mind....
I've posted this one before but it is of the best adverts ever. [MEDIA] From the format I think this was done for the cinema, where hopefully...
I don't remember that. Given their appetite for batteries and the high cost and low capacity of rechargables back then they were used on batteries...
Back when mobile phones were still in the lab, and big screens at events were a rarity, they were the only way of seeing what was going on at a...
Although it is far less common than some people think, it is probably a capacitor failed (they eventually dry out). That is what happened in my...
In the late 1970s a friend was well into KISS. I wonder if you guys even knew who they were then.:hmmm Thanks to a friend inviting me to her...
The postage does seem excessive when you consider that the completed Philips system I just posted about is £6.50. They probably haven't moved on...
Browsing through Ebay I spotted...
Welcome Paul. I have the GF555 which, given the number that appear on ebay, seems to have been a popular model in the UK. I am not sure what the...
Last week I had an interesting conversation with a man who was the manager of a Tandy branch near here, back in the 1990s We had a few...
Yes I still have the Amerex, but as explained in the Timeline post it is not my original unit. Having set myself the challenge of getting a...
That was certainly a labour of love building that. It should be good for Musique concrete. For anyone interested in the original Mellotron, which...
When audio gear was a significant investment people expected it to last. Rather than repeat an old story about my Mothers mono Sanyo Radio...
You are right that the cost of assembly would be huge in somewhere like the USA. However, Japan in the 1970s was probably the equivalent of China...
If you are just starting out a mobile phone repair kit is cheap and will have most of the tools you need to start off with. The main difference...
You say above that the F120 cost just under $200 in 1971. Feed that through the inflation calculator and you get $1273 in 2020 money. Of course a...
If you just want something to fill the gap you might be able to print onto Overhead Projector Film (if such stuff is still available) and then...
Here is the single cassette version, and a few tape changers in action. [MEDIA] If you run out of audio cassette changers to collect you could...
O.K. Using https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ I get $10.90 I hope you took good care of it as it appears you might have been able to make...
Separate names with a comma.