Philips were certainly splashing out with a three page advert for the CDI. It is rather ironic that I paid about £60 for mine, new and complete...
As you say Heathkit was killed off by Flow Soldering machines and low Far East wages. I recall them claiming you could save money by building...
In retrospect I think the Radio Shack / Tandy sets were better as it was easier to see how the schematic related to the actual circuit as you...
The original reason I joined Stereo2Go was to point out how expensive things like boomboxes were back then. According to the Bank of England...
I would like to know how they do the motors. Most motors in domestic appliance are only 1 or 2 horsepower, yet are quite large. The Tesla model S...
Browsing through the Philips staff magazines on http://www.pepnet.org.uk/ which I originally discovered looking for pictures of where I work...
I also listen to the radio a lot, especially as I spend 80 minutes each day going to and from work, since it got moved twenty miles. If a DJ is...
Listening to Sounds of the 80s on catch up using my iPad while in the bath I decided I a Bluetooth Speaker should improve the sound. My first...
The Philips flips sides as this video demonstrates [MEDIA] You would get all the side As followed by all the side Bs though and I guess you...
My experience with Panasonic remotes is that many of them use the same codes so you probably don't need the specific one for that model, to...
I would guess a miniature reel to reel. Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to prevent the tape self destructing in ten seconds
The AudioKarma article says that Denon made the Concord machines. I wanted to include a video of the Philips but was having cut and paste...
Some more information on the partnerships involved here https://www.techspot.com/news/83431-vision-s-electric-sedan-drives-sony-idea-future.html...
It looks to use the same principals as the Philips N2408. A different machine though as the deck is in a different place. It is amazing how much...
The pencil thing reminded me of when my Father used to carry a lump hammer around in his car to hit the starter motor each time it wouldn't...
In the UK there were strict rules about "sale" prices, i.e the goods had to be full price at some point. A colleague told the story of how he...
It could be for speed control. Like you said autostop could be another possibility. I have seen on here Walkmans in which an optical disk is used...
I had to look up "Stranger Things" on Wikipedia to see what it is about. I see it was set in the 1980s so it isn't surprising it features 80s...
Happy New Decade everyone. It was a a bit of a shock to realise that (unless they change the rules again) I will be an Old Age Pensioner in less...
They were very popular back in the day, but finished at about the same time as the Now series started....
Separate names with a comma.