50VA should be fine. The transformer in a DVD player is unlikely to be suitable. Hopefully your transformer will come with the mounting hardware....
You probably want something a bit more than 5W unless it is a headphone amplifier. What are its specifications ? The transformer I posted was 72W...
It is quite normal for amplifiers to use what they call a split rail power supply like you describe. It avoids the need for an output capacitor...
Now all I need is for Kylie to unwrap it for me :laugh:...
For the ultimate in 1970s Panasonic go to the bottom of this article. The Sanyo Phonosphere is worth checking out as well but looks better in...
Techmoan has just reviewed it. [MEDIA] Judging from the comments I don't think his review will have done much for sales. There are at least a...
What a fascinating article. When it came out I bought this book...
I think you could determine "The Golden Age of boomboxes" by simply feeding the original prices through an inflation calculator. Comparing these...
The main and possibly first Fisher product I remember seeing in the UK was VHS VCRs. At the time Sanyo were still promoting Betamax so it would...
The Panasonic Toot-a-Loop (yes that really is its name)...
Mister X seems to be the forums leading authority on Marantz / Superscope I was surprised to see how long this thread had got...
This scan was in a recent Ebay listing for the record player [ATTACH]
Kylie was born in 1968 so is very much of the "Cassette Generation". The most memorable part of her Sounds of the 80s interview was Sara Cox...
And unlike old cars most audio gear doesn't take up much space. I love looking at other peoples old cars but took £170 trade in for a 14 year old...
The Brooklyn has been around a while and has a better reputation than some for a Repro boombox, although the Amazon reviews aren't that good...
One of the biggest disappointment of getting old is finding that most of the things you really wanted when you were younger are now only available...
The funny thing is that various people at Sony didn't like the Walkman name at first hence the alternative names Soundabout and Stowaway.
There are numerous articles about this. As Walkman Archive has already said the main active ingredient required is Hydrogen Peroxide. Some people...
As well as numerous MP3 players that are still being made today how about a memory stick player...
You know you are getting old when you only recognise 3 out of the artists in the top 10. Does anyone know anything about the Tesco boombox ? The...
Separate names with a comma.