Welcome Unless you are familiar with servicing I would try and get a service manual for your Marantz. They do exist and it appears your box is...
AA Nicads were typically about 500 or 600mAH. Sub Cs in power tools reached about 1500mAH. As these are labelled 1.2A Hours I would guess...
They all use the same helical scanning technology. However the thing that amazed me about the Sony Portable DAT was the 15mm head drum. A standard...
I was in Currys (the UKs largest electrical retail chain) and noticed they had this for sale....
I have heard about the staff shops. Here is a history of the site where I work. http://pepnet.org.uk/yourarticles/Southampton/History.pdf It...
That was the plan. However; It got postponed until digital listening figures are higher. The original plan was still to have local "community"...
Interesting recollections Lupogtiboy. For the past five years I have worked in what used to be Philips main UK semiconductor factory. They sold...
Definitely a great find. Seeing the pictures of wide unsliced tape made me think of Techmoan's Schaub Lorenz [MEDIA]
To quote the Kickstarter article "Since the invention of records in 1889, mankind has been dreaming of an affordable machine to produce small...
I was amazed to read that it was just 11 years from the original Walkman to this, smaller, Digital version. Maybe Mister X is right in his comment...
The first flat screen TV I saw was a Philips, on display in a local department store. It was showing the film Apollo 13 (so some time after 1995}...
While looking for more pictures of the Sabamobile I found this website https://www.cassetterecorder-museum.com/en/en.html Skimming through what...
Although I had looked at that site many times, I hadn't ever looked at the Audio section. I am old enough to remember Reel to Reel tape recorders....
Looking at the date on that letter I am wondering how they would compete with Philips newly released cassette. Sure it is a bit heavier but but it...
But will it play music ? Somewhere I have one of these...
There is a connection in this thread you might not be aware of. Since 1986 Robert Fripp has been married to Toyah. The only standalone Toyah...
Here is a bit of a service manual that might help https://www.manualscenter.com/manuals/sony/wm6-service-manual.html#.XatqaZJKi70 On the Sonys I...
Meanwhile in Philip's safe there in nothing but Toilet Paper :lollegs: I have to say that with the twin illuminated LCDs that is the most...
Welcome Chad. Having set myself the challenge it took me five years to find a replacement for the Amerex AC107 cassette recorder I got for my...
Both myself and Techmoan disagree with your comments on Vinyl, To quote Techmoan "Turntable Manufacturers seem to have lost the magic sauce". I...
Separate names with a comma.