Definitely an LCD if it is color. With color CRT the electron gun at the back of the tube has to be about 4" long even if the screen is only 2"...
Yet another article mentioning the cassette revival, but with the same ignorance of sound quality https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-49906336 I...
Probably the same in the UK where they were made. Are you aware of this site ? https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/austin_montego_1.6 It...
BBC Radio 1 to BBC Radio 4, the four national stations in the UK, hence my comment that it was made specifically for the UK market. Those stations...
I like the photo at the top of your last post. Despite seeing hundreds of photos and owning a Sharp GF555, I have yet to actually see a GF777....
I had a look at their website http://nostalgiacon80s.com It appears to be complete mix up of all things 80s, with lots of 80s Celebreties...
No. Do you have any more details? Did they have other things like computers. There is a huge interest in Retro Computing from the 1980s, e.g the...
It sounds like differences in internal resistance to me. A battery can have a large capacity but if the voltage drops when high current is...
Just ugly. The station markings, specifically Radio 4 on LW mean it is a UK market box made after 1978. The two volume controls on opposite sides...
Double check the polarity before fitting the new capacitor. From what I remember Tantalums normally have the + marked. That still makes me wonder...
You are really lucky with that. Recently I was trying to get a new battery for my wife's Sony phone which is probably about 15 years old. I bought...
That is a very strange looking capacitor. Tantalum capacitors are nomally rectangular plastic blocks. Electrolytics, metal cylinders. The gact...
I think this photo shows where all the progress has been in the last couple of decades [ATTACH] The JVC SD card came with a camcorder that also...
You might find some useful information in this thread...
I probably saw an earlier version of the book or a similar one. Back in 1981 I was working in a department that was using a Nascom 2 computer...
Yes I got that completely wrong. It does look as if mine was designed by the same stylist though [ATTACH]
By the end of the 1970s Sinclair had given up on calculators, leaving the marketto the likes of Casio and TI. You did get some of the next...
I have a couple of those toaster shaped full logic Wakmans. Your particular model would never have been sold in the UK though as our TV is only on...
I was looking in drawer for something else and found: [ATTACH] The only one I remember buying was the FX850P which I bought new in Argos when...
I didn't spend much time looking but: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The tatty calculator in the middle was my very first one, got as a present in about 1977....
Separate names with a comma.