At $5 for a working Discman you can't go wrong. Back in 1989 when I decided to buy a CD player the cheapest new one was £100 (£244 in today's...
One for the MiniDisc fans...
You were also highly enthusiastic about the PC-X200...
Welcome Hawker. As other people have commented great pictures. I wonder if you have any "Made in Hong Kong" units in your collection. I have a...
Don't get me going about leaking batteries. My Casio CZ101 keyboard was killed by leaking Varta batteries that weren't even flat. I spent hours...
Techmoan. In fact I remember him reviewing a similar unit. I suspect the people who bought these had reel to reels. Also the double cassette deck...
I agree. I have just been browsing through and found this thread...
A handy unit. Now work out how old it is and how much it cost, although items like that tended to stay in the catalogue for years....
I don't know as I don't own any Aiwas. See if you can find a service manual.
This thread inspired me to check when I joined Ebay and it was December 2001. The second item I bought using it never turned up and there didn't...
Marian, who is a member here is the best place to get fine belts https://fixyouraudio.com/ I have bought a few off him. There should be no...
I actually sold all of the ones I mentioned, and that was back in the days before eBay when you sent an advert by Snail Mail to Micromart Magazine...
Belts tend to be fairly generic. Just measure the paths and ask Marian for recommendations https://fixyouraudio.com/
I was wondering where you got the £69.99 from until I looked closer. £171 in 2018 money according to the Bank of England. I remember Sevenoaks...
Looking for something else I just spotted this https://www.cnet.com/news/old-school-boombox-vs-todays-wireless-speakers-which-sounds-best/...
What a great find. UK members will probably remember Beatties, a chain of model shops that used to sell model railways etc, and Tamiya kits. They...
I was just thinking they were much cheaper. Having checked on Ebay Metal Cassettes aren't as expensive as I thought. Previosly I had only looked...
I would guess that your headphone amp is much newer than the Walkman. The difference between a design with good immunity and one that picks up...
Apparently all MiniDV tapes used metal tape. They are cheap enough to destroy a few trying to work out how to slice the tape down to width.
Filtering works in both directions, in a similar way to sound or heat insulation. A digital product like a MiniDisc player is effectively a small...
Separate names with a comma.