Hello Colin from another electronics engineer, who works in Hampshire but lives in Dorset. The JVC M70 is a desirable but not uncommon box. By...
It saves you from having to add one of these: http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/rf/atu.htm And certainly marks the set as a top of the range,...
Some interesting points in this article which isn't what the title suggests....
Back on the old forum we had contributions from one of the Hitachi designers which were very interesting...
I certainly agree with your first points. A few months ago I tried to give some of my late Mothers cassettes and LPs to Oxfam (a big UK chain of...
DCC was designed so that the same deck could play either DCC cassettes or plain old Compact Cassettes, so the dimensions are going to be almost...
That lovely picture is more like a Panasonic advert you would see in a 1980s magazine.
Judging from the number that appear on Ebay.co.uk the VZ3000 was a big seller back in the day. Compared to other music centres they still fetch a...
The service manual is on Elektrotanya https://elektrotanya.com/sharp_gf-555h_e.pdf/download.html (click the Recaptcha box then wait about a...
That is often just glue put there to stop the coils moving around and falling off during transport....
I think they originally used some kind of double sided adhesive film e.g...
Thanks for posting. I had one, sold it and then bought another when one came up on Ebay "collect only" just a couple of miles away. Keep a good...
I think this thread...
This made me think of a few things: The Tristar 777 CB rig which was advertised as "Illegal in Every Country in the World", which was true due to...
I was actually selling (model cars and collectable tins) at the last one I attending so only had about 15 minutes to look around. Someone had a...
So what was the secret ? Are you sure it is the motors and not worn out, slipping belts.
According to the Bank of England, £1242 in 2018s money I was looking around at other prices and found this...
A good search there. The original source was probably here: http://likepunkneverhappened.blogspot.com/ Smash Hits was very much aimed at the...
Welcome Kia Ora! Your pictures have just answered something I have wondered for a while, which was whether there was ever a Technics branded...
I have sometimes wondered how much the build your own PC craze killed off the build your own HiFi hobby. Back in the early 80s the HiFi magazines...
Separate names with a comma.