The Timex Sinclair connection was a bit deeper than that of distributor. Timex actually made most of the Sinclair computers (up until the takeover...
A very difficult post to reply to Nick. Rest in Peace Diana.
Are you missing a pulley. In the last photo closest to the bottom the belt seems to be riding directly over a metal bracket.
Velcro was used to stick things down. Otherwise they would find the item they had put in one place had drifted to the other end of the capsule....
Just so people know you have to click the text under the fifth Sharp to see the full list of 65
Why did the picture of the Apollo 12 Tape Recorder immediately make me think of Captain Kirk doing his captains log. More seriously who was...
Back from the days before Aiwa became Sony's budget brand.
I love looking through old catalogues and Retromash has a great selection. It looks as if boxes weren't that much cheaper in the USA. This is...
Worn out drive belts could cause that. Look around this and other sites for the instructions on how to change them.
That is my type of collecting and yet you are accumulating a nice collection. To me a lot of the fun of collecting is buying items that cost a...
If you were wondering why I was searching for an Aiwa catalogue I bought this....
I wonder if it came from a museum. The "Walk into History" would tie up with that. They sometimes have talking guides "In the first Gallery you...
Cassettecomeback has an interesting Youtube channel as well. I watched a couple of his videos last night.
It will be interesting to hear if your Gumstick battery is any good. Previous discussions have concluded that the readily available recent...
and another, found while reading the comments in CassetteComebacks metal tape Youtube review http://vintagecassetterecorder.com/
While looking for details of the WM-FX999 I came across this site which has lots of interesting pictures http://sakamatra.blogspot.com/#!/
I see what you mean http://www.flickriver.com/photos/saka_matra_miscellaneous/10513102074/ according to that only four Walkmans ever used that...
Welcome Limomo. It sounds as if you are well into analogue already. People here love to see photos of other peoples finds. It is always worth...
Yes and no. All Autoreverse Walkman I have seen use a 4 track head so the signal path for side A and B will be different around the heads. It is...
Move the Window line up 8" (20cm) and it would look modern (in a bad way)...
Separate names with a comma.