According to a US inflation calculator $5 is $10.65 in todays money due to inflation. Actually I could understand someone paying $25 for the...
Well done in getting that far. However, the transistor must have been put there for a reason. My guess is that the Servo amp is used to stop the...
The yellow stuf on the light blue ones looks to be glue to stop them wobbling about. Look for signs of dried out liquid around the top or bottom....
Nice. The coloured equalizer bars look really cool. Your Photo makes it look even bigger than Cassette2Go's. I'm guessing that is a slimline...
Yes "4 watts per channel". If RMS that is quite average for Boombox. Of course once "Peak Music Power" was invented by advertising people they...
This advert was in a 1981 "Radio 1 On Show" magazine that my sister found while clearing out. Did anyone else go to a Radio 1 Roadshow ? [ATTACH]...
Pictures please. Google pictures show quite a big box. You won't be putting that on your BMX handlebars :shock
The "original listing" is still there but ebay would rather have you look at current auctions. In case you can't see it here is the sellers...
I guess this Panasonic 747 was the inspiration for the 1980s Panasonic boxes. It must be rare as Google does little more than take you back to the...
The drawer near the bottom with a picture of 6 CDs on it ? Is it a Boombox or a Mini Hi-Fi ? I have a Panasonic Hi-Fi that does the same trick...
I would look for a specific "line in" position on a control. It will often be a third position on the Radio - Tape selector switch. Otherwise you...
Another great find and restoration Nick. I have commented on circuit boards before, probably due to sitting next to someone at work who has spent...
The link was just an example, so if you look around you might be able to find it cheaper, or in a more suitable diameter. The key thing to search...
A tip for anyone else attempting something similar would be to use a Multitool like this http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7967397 With a new...
Due to the way Youtube knows your taste the next video I watched was the first Databits video I have seen. If you are into vintage audio you...
After 33 years of waiting Techmoan has a Sony FH7. [MEDIA] Interesting to see the old catalogues and him calculating the equivalent 2018 price.
What kind of solder were you trying to use. Lead free is awful. Real Solder is still available e.g...
It depends on both the implementation and what you are trying to do with the radio. The big advantage of digital tuning is that presets can be...
Nice Decor. You seem to like all the artists I was into in the 80s. Did you like them back then ? I am still into them now and it is far easier...
If you have a soldering iron it might be possible to make a suitable battery holder from a Generic Holder like this...
Separate names with a comma.