I was thinking about the Panasonic / technics cross over and would put it at about £200. There were some Panasonic music centres for £100 which...
A drawer loading turntable I didn't know about. The tonearm etc looks similar to the Panasonic SL-N5. No CD Player though. I guess it dates from a...
An article I spotted yesterday pointed out that most of the Beatles tracks were recorded on four track machines in the manner Mister X describes...
I would guess you could just use the appropriate two channels. If you used the other two they would be playing backwards. The most important thing...
With four independent tracks I would say it was designed for a small recording studio rather than home audio. I expect you have seen this already...
http://www.stereo2go.com/forums/threads/akai-f3l.2840/
Rather than hijack the Akai Cassette Deck thread I thought I'd start a new one. As explained in that thread I admired the Akai F3L Hi Fi...
It looks distinctly upmarket compared to my only reel to reel which was discussed here...
If it works OK and is better than what you had before I'd say it was a good buy. I always liked the styling of AKai gear. In 1985 I bought an Akai...
A company selling this soft of thing http://www.stereo2go.com/forums/threads/nostalgic-feel-of-the-90s.1214/#post-9839 I won't knock them as he...
Todays news about House of Fraser, where Nick's Sony was originally bought, closing half of their stores made me think of this picture. Of course...
A Pioneer advert for the deck from December 1980. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Sorry about the poor scan quality but the Christmas Special Magazine has a...
What you have to remember is that many things in Tandy were prices to allow them to sell them at half price when they had one of their regular...
The question is how much would you be prepared to pay for one ? Find some prices in an old HIFi magazine and feed them through an inflation...
I was going to say that twenty years ago any 25 year old would have been proud to have a HiFi stack like that. Then I noticed the three head deck...
I am sure Stereo2Go members would love to see some pictures. Regarding the belts if they are a normal (1mm square ?) section then your best bet...
Bi-Polar capacitors are normal in Crossovers and essential if the amplifier is a Bridge configuration (both sides of the LS driven) which is the...
It wouldn’t have been Old School back in 1982. Digital tuning was still quite High-Tech back then having first appeared on top of the range boxes...
It looks perfect now. It sounds like you were buying that box in instalments. p.s I thought you used to do VCR repairs etc. Was that before or...
Sounds like a new name for something that was common place almost twenty years ago This Denon is upscaling the signals on the CD 32 times....
Separate names with a comma.