Since you are still waiting for a reply I'll point out that it is normally Electrolytic capacitors (which should contain liquid which can...
The receipt which Nick shows is 1984. Of course the Pioneer could have been sat in a stockroom for a year or two. I wonder what the frequency is...
Is there a facility to tag photos ? It might simply be me not realising how to do it but last time I posted one I couldn't find one. Like...
If it is red like this one https://www.avito.ru/rostov-na-donu/audio_i_video/asahi_rd-1216_823053875 it does look rather different and...
Well it is your box so it is up to you what you do with it. I am wondering if you could do everything from the inside, maybe with a new baffle...
It is definitely worth checking the value of the fusible resistor. I have been fixing a Sony turntable that uses two fusible resistors in the arm...
Did you manage to keep a straight face as you handed over your fiver ? Recently (when purchasing a quite boring Roland Midi interface) I got the...
I only just noticed the Weltron model numbers . As I commented in another thread the 21st century seemed a long way in the future in the 1970s....
My favourites are the Weltron brochures. How come futuristic stuff from the 1970s looks more futuristic than anything made today ? Even stranger...
Yes but it does have "Turbo Sound!" whatever that means and cost less than half the price of a GF767 back in 1983 according to one of our new...
Hello Stuart, Interesting to hear about your 1983 purchase of the GF767 and how much it cost. I have actually yet to see one in the plastic....
I wonder what the young lady holding the cassette on the Philips musicassette de demostracion looks like now, and more importantly what is on the...
Something does look wrong near the bottom left on the photo ending 283. I can't make out what the white thing is. Second opinions please.
Looks like glue to me. Usef by the manufacturer to stop the leads breaking under vibration like transport by car. Another repair tip. Always...
Do a search for a thread on this site "my Hitachi 3d collection" . One of our members has collected almost the full range and has pictures and...
something strange must have happened for so many capacitors to blow. Maybe you shorted out a voltage regulator, put the unit into 110v mode (did...
Don't seem to be able to edit on the ipad so will add to my reply. The Russian WM20 isn't working. There is a working one from Germany for $99....
Welcome Danny Alot of us here have bought items we had in the past. I spent three years looking before finding an Amerex cassette recorder like...
Welcome Oleg Here in the UK the Silver VZ2500 s regularly appear on Ebay as several large retailers (e.g. Dixons) sold them back in the 1980s....
Hello Deb64, Personally I don't get involved in the Analogue vs CD arguments. There is probably more difference between a well mastered recording...
Separate names with a comma.