Could you work it out by turning the broken motor by hand and making sure that the capstan (and reels if driven by it) turn in the right direction ?
I think the styling is good as well. You wouldn't mistake it for anything but a Walkman. p.s I just noticed the "Complete Madness" tape inside....
Thanks. I was earning £7000 a year in 1983 and about £16000 a year in 2003 so in either case it was over a weeks wages. Of course there were...
An interesting thread. A couple of thoughts about collecting in general. My late Father was an avid collector, mainly of toy trains but in his...
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/desoldering-wicks-braids/5086346/ You could probably find the same from Newark, Mouser or DigiKey but it's probably...
As threatened here is the Synth thread I'll start by asking the question what is your favourite synth in your collection. Mine is probably the...
Thanks for the playlist. Good to see Heroes there. You probably know that it was a performance of Heroes that led to Davis Gahan being asked to...
I would recommend desoldering wick over a pump as it is all too easy to pull pads off the board. Just be aware that desoldering wick has a shelf...
Welcome. Maybe we should start a synths thread in The Lounge. I have more Synths and Keyboards than I have Boomboxes, although I doubt if any...
In the same magazine there were half page adverts for "Just Seventeen" and "Horse and Pony" which shows the target audience of Smash Hits. I'm...
Before even watching the Depeche Mode video Deech linked to I was going to say that it is very difficult / impossible for any recording to capture...
If you look in the small print the prizes were to be drawn on 20th January 1985. Having read the question I'm not too sure of the answers. Is the...
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Depeche Mode for free. Do they still play any of their really old stuff ? Most of my favourite tracks of theirs,...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have just been looking at the Smash Hits archive https://www.flickr.com/photos/51106326@N00/albums/with/72157660492471210...
Only until the 7th of May !!!!
Soul II Soul were there last year [ATTACH] Back in the day I can remember going to see The Cool Notes on the basis that a band who were in the...
I know that quite a few people here (especially Ken) are into 1980s music. I suppose it goes with the 1980s technology. Last Saturday I went to...
I hope it is something positive. From these :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I am guessing it is. p.s Nice Hitachi. It actually looks quite clean in...
Reminds me of this 80s classic [MEDIA]
The 8 bit guy has done a couple of Youtube videos on this. [MEDIA] [MEDIA] Vanish is a Laundry product available in most UK Supermarkets. I...
Separate names with a comma.