Maybe the last couple of posts should be in the "How Retro are You" http://www.stereo2go.com/forums/threads/how-retro-are-you.991/page-2 thread...
https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Open_Happiness_Piccadilly_Circus_Blue-Pink_Hour_12...
It appears you would have to be looking in Japan to find any...
That made me think of the "Electric Dreams" TV series in which a family lived a decade a week. By the 1990s the Gadgets were arriving quicker than...
That is a real mixture of old and new with 38 years between the tape selector and the speaker....
Welcome Kook. Although it is probably of less relevance to people outside the UK you might enjoy this site http://retromash.com/ For anyone who...
I wonder how many of those shoebox style recorders (of various makes) were sold. They were very popular in the UK as well. I don't think I would...
Obviously a lot more than at any time in the past. :wink2 Anyone who says this is an expensive hobby should read your threads.
Reading SeanMT's threads (especially his comment about starting a recording before going to school) made me think how some things have changed yet...
This is why we are all admiring your JVC http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/jvc-dd-9-300.html $900 new ! The only thing I have bought from a...
You have a nice collection. The JVC deck in your other thread is very nice and looks to be top of the range. It makes me wonder how much all your...
The styling is just started to go away from the 1970s "Military Style" Given the craze for G shock watches I am surprised that hasn't come round...
,If the big manufacturers thought there was a large market for modern boomboxes I'm sure they would start making them. What they do seem to be...
Production costs for the homemade look are probably quite high. However, the really big cost would be for tooling. There is an often told story by...
I guessed that is just someone's imagination running wild with Photoshop. The issue with any repainting is how to not loose the writing on the...
Could you reinforce your repair from the inside ? Although it is quite expensive Sugru mouldable Silicone is quite good for small repairs. For a...
I have to say that is some of the most impressive close up Photography I have seen on this site. Absolutely no signs of any barrel distortion etc....
As it is Fathers day it made me wonder How many of these have been received as presents today ? How many will turn up at Car Boot sales in the...
Some great information here. I like the fact that all the drawings are obviously hand drawn. I don't know if people have looked at the Sharp...
I can fully understand that you would like a CFS 710S for the memories of yesteryear. If you want to set yourself a challenge look for a boxed one...
Separate names with a comma.