On Ebay the only prices worth looking at are the "Sold Listings" I did find...
Shouldn't that be "what are the differences" an obvious one being an easy to use Volume control :laugh: People outside the UK might not be...
p.p.s I think I have posted before that the only time I have taken a boombox on my shoulder out on the street was when my friend Paul who was a...
p.s I keep getting Server Error hence the double post above
I have often told the story of how the first time I ever felt old was when, having just seen Whams first appearances on Top of the Pops I...
What they worked on together was the "Red Book" standard which defines the discs themselves, thus avoiding another Betamax vs VHS style debacle....
I don't think so. At the time there was a big debate as to which was best: Philips 14 bit 4x oversampling or Sony's 16 bit but with no...
1950s Lots of pictures women listening to radios (or wireless set as they were then called) but it is the headphones I am struggling with.
Amazing that you found one from the 1930s Here is one for the 1940s, although the equipment was definitely not for entertainment....
To go with the all the details you have given I think this would be a more appropriate song. [MEDIA] Happy Christmas Nick and your other half...
The main station comprised of these two. http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/mil_gb_larkspur_wireless_sender_receiver_sr_c11r210.html With a much better...
A Christmas Present for you. The Air Training Corps station I mentioned in "introducing myself" taken in about 1978.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232147283958?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I have tried it and the cassette deck has...
Back in December 1981 I was working as an Apprentice at a large Aerospace company in their Quality Department. It is easy for me to narrow down...
Also available in red (like mine) and silver although yours in a much nicer condition and complete with speakers. [ATTACH] p.s The cassette...
I probably wasn't taking that much notice of Boomboxes in the mid to late 1980s having moved on to purchases like a VCR and HiFi. After lusting...
Dixons were definitely mass market although they did sell the Sharp VZ2000 / VZ2500 (I have brochures showing them). I'm not sure who sold the top...
There is a saying in the UK that "todays news is tomorrows chip paper" (they do put greaseproof paper in the middle for those not familiar with...
We seem to be missing an image there. It sounds as if you have an interesting collection there Dave. I wonder what vintage your radios are. At...
Separate names with a comma.