The also rated some headphones for 1984 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Consumer Guide's 1984 List of the Best Buy Portable Players, all these are classic units but hardly best buys. For 84 I'd consider them more of...
Here's some early entries from the 1972 Radio Shack Catalog, the little CTR-18 and the 8-track PortiPlay-8. I'd love to see the sales numbers for...
I have boxes of my tapes, I never got rid of them, it's just a matter of pulling them out and looking them over. Sometimes I get stuck...
Mine are mid-level thrift store/garage sale finds but they are still workhorses. Back in the early 80's, my friends with money had the first...
I usually have a great memory but I have no idea where this one came from or how long I've had it. Unfortunately someone clipped the RCA ends,...
I spy a JVC! How do you like them, I've got a few around here, always loved the build quality and mine sound just fine around the house/shop.
The frat house across the street used to crank this album when it came out, not sure what the system was but it was block-crunching loud. The...
I want to start a thread on square speakered boomers!
That pops up over here on ebay once in a while but you're right, it's pretty rare and I think you posted the first one. So is the idea that you...
Welcome to the forum! You started with a great player, hopefully it works correctly, they can be a bear to fix compared with mid-level models.
Welcome to the forum!
I don't think Sony TT's got proper dues but they really are nice looking, especially from the 70's.
TEAC A-601R from 1978, now with automatic reverse! [ATTACH]
Welcome to the forum! When I was a young kid in the early 1980's, my ultra-smart neighbor always talked about how good AIWA Cassette Products...
Welcome!
Great video, thanks for posting!
The Bean is cool, too bad it looks very basic, I wonder why the big guys didn't do more oddballs like this? The Minifon looks like it's the size...
I think his art is made from paper, super detailed really cool consumer products including lot's of portables!...
There's a National being tuned up, I didn't read it yet but there is also some other boomboxes on here...
Separate names with a comma.