Did you see this thread? https://www.tapeheads.net/threads/maxell-hitachi-batch-codes-date-of-production.96246/
I have to believe they were pretty precise on the tolerances of the tape, I've never heard of "hot" tapes being brought up but it is an...
I forgot about some of the specifics and the rules were different between BMG and Columbia House. I used BMG, I think they were the easiest, and...
Good luck, sometimes there's no standard numbers, sometimes they all make sense. I would think with tape there would be a decodeable sequence so...
Sony MDR-CD999 from 1991 [ATTACH]
A late entry from Mitsubishi, the M-T5010 from 1991, the first cassette tape deck with on screen programming! [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Sansui MC-1000 from 1990 [ATTACH]
Blaupunkt from 1990 [ATTACH]
From 1990, the cassettes are slowly being phased out for CDs. [ATTACH][ATTACH]
I found this news release in Stereo Review 1990. Anybody seen the new Techmoan Video with "suitcase" boomboxes? [ATTACH]
Found an ad for Bose RoomMates II from 1990, they must have been pretty popular being around for several years. [ATTACH]
I don't know about the insides and I just have the one AIWA, I might have another out in the shop somewhere. Hopefully they aren't too expensive...
Sony D-555 From 1990 [ATTACH]
I never run into people that used them on a regular basis, I couldn't afford one back then so I'd listen to the radio. I imagine guys wrenching...
I think the F810 is just a few years newer than the F880, they look nearly identical, they're probably nearly identical in sound reproduction....
Sony was killing it around this time, their logo brought on awe, I remember seeing the Tokyo Photo? that was kind of like Times Square with SONY...
I like those V-Series, they have more of a science-fiction square body which looks much cooler then 90% of the eggs, unfortunately they're...
Beware of the above model, they have it listed here three times at different prices. The listing is probably legitimate but there's only one unit...
Separate names with a comma.