I don't have either unit but Boodokhan mentions the D5, I didn't know the WM-5 had DD internals. Sorry for the confusion.
I've been posting lots of photos, just not Lasonics, maybe somebody should start a thread, The Big, Bold, but kind of Ugly, Monster Boombox...
nickeccles always cleans them like crazy and takes great photos, I bet he could make my Lasonics look like gold even thought they weigh nothing....
I think there's two different units being discussed here, the TC-D5 and the WM-5, a fairly rare unit that's similar to the WM-2 but with a metal...
I was looking for Roller Phone Players, thought I had found one, no luck but cool article!
Cap 10, never heard of it before but it looks like a semi-nice effort. More for shelf duty, I'm amazed at the buttons and layout, it has a super...
The only time I spend that much cleaning is when the belt has turned to goo and gotten in every little tiny space. I've got my special banned...
You guys tend to have more bargains then we do, plus you have a ton more of these silver-faced, logic controlled, flat-faced units like these from...
Welcome to the forum, if you can work on the equipment you've won 1/2 the battle.
I like it!
[ATTACH]
Unisef AF-6000, I don't think I've seen this dual well mini before, kind of neat looking and minty but with a silly money price tag....
More of an oddity from the 80's, the AKAI Trackman Pro, this would be a great subject for a Techmoan Video, how the heck does it work? There's...
I've got a slightly older Samsung and it's a really nice heavy duty build. We didn't have much stuff from South Korea back in the 80's so I never...
You can see the belt easily in that one, check for blobs of old belt. Sometimes the old belts turn to a tar like goo and even tiny specs will get...
The one on ebay is $500 USD!
That is a wild looking tonearm.
Looks like Retro posted cut sheets way back in 2012, down in the forum reader Retro always had some great catalog posts, this is probably the...
Here's a pair for sale on Reverb.com, definately cool looking, none on ebay. It looks like the roll down and there's a 1/2 sphere for the cans....
Those look cool but they aren't too expensive for a "Porsche Design?" I wonder what happened to them?
Separate names with a comma.